Ľubomír Ďurček (1948, Bratislava) studied landscape and figurative art under Professor Ján Želibský at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava (1973). From 1976 he was a teacher, and a conceptual and performance artist. He was not allowed to exhibit until 1989. Ďurček was also involved in the unofficial art scene, and in the 1980s participated in the activities of an association of performance artists called Terén (1982-87). Between 1981 and 1990 he organised gatherings known as Medzipriestor, in a block of flats. After 1989 Ďurček held his first independent exhibition (Považská Gallery, Žilina 1992; Bratislava City Gallery, 2003).
His recent work was shown at Modely komunikácie/Models of Communication (Central Slovakian Gallery, Banská Bystrica 2012), Situačné modely komunikácie (Slovak National Gallery, Bratislava 2013) and Minútové romány/One-Minute Novels (with J. Kovanda and I. Bukta, Central Slovakian Gallery, Banská Bystrica).
Ďurček has also presented his works at several international exhibitions: Works and Words (DeAppel, Amsterdam, 1979); Umění akce (Mánes, Prague, 1991); Body and the East (Moderna Galerija, Lubljana, 1998); Navzájem. Společenství 70.–80. Let/Mutually. Communities of the 1970s and 1980s (Tranzitdisplay, Prague, Brno House of Arts, Brno, 2013).
- Daniel Grúň, "Domov Ľubomíra Ďurčeka, 1983", Sme.sk, 19 Jun 2008. (Slovak)
- Mira Keratová (ed.), Ľubomír Ďurček. Situačné modely komunikácie, Bratislava: Slovak National Gallery, 2013. Catalogue; with texts by Mira Keratová, Petra Hanáková, Aurel Hrabušický, and Tomáš Pospiszyl. (Slovak)
- Dorottya Szalay, "Change of Scenery - Ľubomír Ďurček: Home", Oct 2013. (English)
- Ján Kralovič, "Chôdza mestom. Motív prechádzky v akciách 70. a 80. rokov realizovaných v mestskom priestore na Slovensku", Jazdec 2 (2014), pp 8-11. (Slovak)
- Richard Gregor "Ten, kto zostal v meste. Komunikácie Ľubomíra Ďurčeka v rámci Bratislavského Konceptualizmu", Jazdec 2 (2014), pp 12-16. (Slovak)