Ľubomír Ďurček (1948, Bratislava) is a conceptual artist, performer, documentarist, an author of experimental texts, books and films. He studied landscape and figurative art under Professor Ján Želibský at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava (1973). For most of his life he has been a secondary school teacher. In 1977 in collaboration with Peter Bartoš he organised an exhibition of photographs by Czech and Slovak action – and concept-oriented artists, named Photorecords. At the turn of the 1970s he worked with the Labyrinth Theatre and with the Temporary Society for Intense Experiences around Ján Budaj. For a Week of Theatre on the Street he implemented the concept of a set of events with the name Resonances (1979). Later he participated in the activities of an association of performance artists called Terén (1982-87). Between 1981 and 1990 he organised gatherings known as Medzipriestor, in a block of flats. He was not allowed to exhibit until 1989, afterwards he held his first independent exhibitions (Považská Gallery, Žilina 1992; Bratislava City Gallery, 2003). In his work Ďurček makes use of the elementary language of visual communication, such as point, line, diversion and concentration. (Based on source)
His recent work was shown at Modely komunikácie (Central Slovakian Gallery, Banská Bystrica 2012), Situačné modely komunikácie (Slovak National Gallery, Bratislava 2013) and Minútové romány (with J. Kovanda and I. Bukta, Central Slovakian Gallery, Banská Bystrica).
Ďurček has also presented his works at several international exhibitions: Works and Words (DeAppel, Amsterdam, 1979); Umění akce (Mánes, Prague, 1991); Body and the East (Moderna Galerija, Lubljana, 1998); Navzájem. Společenství 70.–80. Let/Mutually. Communities of the 1970s and 1980s (Tranzitdisplay, Prague, Brno House of Arts, Brno, 2013).
- Daniel Grúň, "Domov Ľubomíra Ďurčeka, 1983", Sme.sk, 19 Jun 2008. (Slovak)
- Mira Keratová (ed.), Ľubomír Ďurček. Situačné modely komunikácie, Bratislava: Slovak National Gallery, 2013. Catalogue; with texts by Mira Keratová, Petra Hanáková, Aurel Hrabušický, and Tomáš Pospiszyl. (Slovak)
- Dorottya Szalay, "Change of Scenery - Ľubomír Ďurček: Home", Oct 2013. (English)
- Ján Kralovič, "Chôdza mestom. Motív prechádzky v akciách 70. a 80. rokov realizovaných v mestskom priestore na Slovensku", Jazdec 2 (2014), pp 8-11. (Slovak)
- Richard Gregor "Ten, kto zostal v meste. Komunikácie Ľubomíra Ďurčeka v rámci Bratislavského Konceptualizmu", Jazdec 2 (2014), pp 12-16. (Slovak)