Doctor of Laws of the European University Institute (Florence), Antoinette Rouvroy is permanent research associate at the Belgian National Fund for Scientific Research (FNRS) and senior researcher at the Research Centre Information, Law and Society, Law Faculty, University of Namur (Belgium). She is also member of the French CNIL (Commission Informatique et Libertés)’s Foresight committee. She authored Human Genes and Neoliberal Governance: A Foucauldian Critique (Routledge-Cavendish, 2008) and co-edited, with Mireille Hildebrandt, Law, Human Agency and Autonomic Computing: Philosophers of Law meet Philosophers of Technology (Routledge, 2011). In her writings, she has addressed, among other things, issues of privacy, data protection, non-discrimination, equality of opportunities, due process in the context of “data-rich” environments (the so-called genetic revolution, the so-called information/surveillance society) with an approach combining legal and political philosophy. Her current interdisciplinary research interests revolve around the concept of algorithmic governmentality. Under this foucauldian neologism, she explores the semiotic-epistemic, political, legal and philosophical implications of the computational turn (Big Data, algorithmic profiling, industrial personalization). She explores the impact of algorithmic governmentality on our modes of production of what counts and accounts for “reality”, on our modes of government, and on the modalities of critique, resistance or recalcitrance.
- Human Genes and Neoliberal Governance: A Foucauldian Critique, Routledge-Cavendish, 2008.
- editor, with Mireille Hildebrandt, Law, Human Agency and Autonomic Computing: The Philosophy of Law Meets the Philosophy of Technology, Routledge, 2011, 249 pp. 
- with Thomas Berns, "Gouvernementalité algorithmique et perspectives d'émancipation: le disparate comme condition d'émancipation par la relation", Réseaux 177, 2013, pp 163-196.  (French)
- "Algorithmic Governmentality and Prospects of Emancipation: Disparateness as a Precondition for Individuation through Relationships?", trans. Elizabeth Libbrecht, Réseaux 177, 2013.  (English)
- "Governamentalidade algorítmica e perspectivas de emancipação: o díspar como condição de individuação pela relação?", trans. Pedro Henrique Eco Pos 18:2, 2015.  (Portuguese)
- with Bernard Stiegler, "Le régime de vérité numérique: de la gouvernementalité algorithmique à un nouvel état de droit", Socio 4: "Le tournant numérique... et après?", eds. Dana Diminescu and Michel Wieviorka, Mar 2015, pp 113-140.  (French)
- "The Digital Regime of Truth: From the Algorithmic Governmentality to a New Rule of Law", trans. Anaïs Nony and Benoît Dillet, La Deleuziana 3: "Life and Number", 2016, pp 6-27.  (English)
- "Il regime di verità digitale. Dalla governamentalità algoritmica a un nuovo Stato di diritto", trans. Sara Baranzoni, La Deleuziana 3: "Life and Number", 2016, pp 6-29.  (Italian)
- "La gouvernementalité algorithmique: radicalisation et stratégie immunitaire du capitalisme et du néolibéralisme?", La Deleuziana 3: "Life and Number", 2016, pp 30-36. (French)
- "Algorithmic Governmentality: Radicalization and Immune Strategy of Capitalism and Neoliberalism?", trans. Benoît Dillet, La Deleuziana 3: "Life and Number", 2016, pp 30-36. (English)
- "La governamentalità algoritmica: radicalizzazione e strategia immunitaria del capitalismo e del neoliberalismo?", trans. Paolo Vignola, La Deleuziana 3: "Life and Number", 2016, pp 30-36. (Italian)