open knowledge, open data, digital divide, community informatics, knowledge commons, open access, open government, data journalism.
- Burak Arikan
- Fair-Play Alliance
- Free Bitflows
- Free/Libre Culture Forum
- Miren Gutiérrez
- Lambert Heller
- Nicolas Malevé
- Manufactura Independente
- Open Cultures
- Open Government Data Camp
- Open Knowledge Foundation
- Open Legislative Data
- P2P Foundation
- Public Netbase/t0
- Public Software Group
- Jason Scott
- Transparency Works
- Niklas Treutner
- Zuzana Wienk
- OKCon (*2007), Free/Libre Culture Forum (*2009), Open Government Data Camp 2011, Transparency Works (2012).
- OpenSpending is exploring, structuring and mapping out different kinds of public finance from all around the world. An opendata project of Open Knowledge Foundation.
- Graph Commons is a collaborative network mapping, analyzing, and publishing platform and an open knowledge base of relationships data.
- LiquidFeedback software is used for the decision-making within German Pirate Party.
- Datactive: The Politics of Data According to Civil Society research initiative, U Amsterdam.
- Contentious Data, U Amsterdam, 15 Sep 2016. Organised by Datactive.
- "Otvorené nápady pre Slovensko", 17-18 December 2011, Bratislava. 
- "Od Infozákona po WikiLeaks, hranice otvorenosti", organised by Open Society Foundation, 7-8 December 2011, Bratislava. 
- "Participatívny rozpočet - Otvorený list poslancom bratislavského mestského zastupiteľstva", December 2011.  
- HackerSpace, “During the code sprint we have decided to focus on two important projects: GovSearch, which consists of a search engine that will serve as a platform for any Tunisian user to access all publicly available information from Tunisian administrative bodies anytime and anywhere… We are planning to contact all the Tunisian administrations to ask them about the different ways to reach them, then we will upload the results into the database,” December 2011. 
- Telecomix Tunisia
- FCForum: Sustainable Models for Creativity in the Digital Age, 2010. 
- FCForum: Charter for Innovation, Creativity and Access to Knowledge, 2010. 
- Michael Gurstein, "Are the Open Data Warriors Fighting for Robin Hood or the Sheriff?: Some Reflections on OKCon 2011 and the Emerging Data Divide", 2011, . "“Open”–“Necessary” but not “Sufficient”", 2011, . Criticism of Open Knowledge Foundation and open data activism.
- Tom Slee, "Seeing Like a Geek", 25 June 2012. 
- Berlin Declaration on Open Access (2003). Signed by 200 universities, research institutions, funding agencies, foundations, libraries, museums and archives from all over the world. The declaration states that "our mission of disseminating knowledge is only half complete if the information is not made widely and readily available to society".
- George Caffentzis (2008) - Autonomous Universities and the Making of the Knowledge Commons (essay). "In this lecture I address the role autonomous universities can play in the practical task of making the knowledge commons."
- Data Journalism Handbook (2012)  
- Michael Gurstein, "Open data: Empowering the empowered or effective data use for everyone?", First Monday, Volume 16, Number 2 - 7 February 2011
- Publications about open data on Monoskop/log
- Publications about open government on Monoskop/log
communities of practice
Art and technology centres,
Internet of things,