Born 1973. Ivor Diosi majored in information security, and wandered through courses on information systems management, philosophy and cinema history. He has been exhibiting since 1999 and received several awards and recognitions at international new media art festivals (ACA Tokyo, Vida 4.0, ZKM Constructed Life, and Transmediale 2004). Currently, he is an artist-in-residence at CIANT (International Centre for Art and New Technologies). He is best known for his game engine modifications, and has worked with virtual reality, artificial life and human interface design to produce art, which in his words “strives to be detached from socially conditioned perception and simian legacy, as much as possible, and focus on what really matters: the human being as autonomous conscience in the unvoid”. Lives in Prague.
- Aurel Hrabušický, Václav Macek, Slovenská Fotografia 1925-2000: Moderna, Postmoderna, Postfotografia - Slovak Photography, 1925-2000: Modernism, Post-Modernism, Post-Photography, Slovenská Národná Galéria, January 2002, ISBN-13: 978-8080590581 (Slovak) [Amazon] [artforum.sk]
- CIANT International Centre for Art and New Technologies Prague, "Serious Gaming - Seriously?", Newsletter, October 2014 (English)
- Ondřej Cakl, "On Artificial Worlds and Image Manipulation with Pavel Smetana and Ivor Diosi", Fotograf Magazine #23 artificial worlds, 2014 (English)
- Jan Rylich, "Ivor Diosi", Flash Art 9, July-October 2008 (Czech) PDF
- ZKM Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe, International Media Art Award 2003 Statement, November 2003 (German)