Jeremy R Smith
Jump to navigation Jump to search
↑ This section adapted from About, endemictheory.
Jeremy R Smith is a PhD Candidate at the Centre for the Study of Theory and Criticism at Western University, currently working on his dissertation on Non-Philosophy, Non-Politics, and Invention. His background is in media and cultural studies, having an interest particularly in contemporary French philosophy, theory, and interdisciplinary approaches through the framework of generic epistemology. He has translated works by François Laruelle and Anne-Françoise Schmid, as well as Patrice Guillamaud and Serge Valdinoci. He is also on the editorial board for Oraxiom: A Journal of Non-Philosophy and a member of ONPhI, the Organisation non-philosophique internationale.
Articles, Blogposts, Reviews
- Introduction, with Bogna M. Konior & Michael Saunders, Oraxiom: A Journal of Non-Philosophy, Vol. 1 No. 1 (2020): Issue No. 1, The End of Times, 16 Oct 2020, pp. 10-3. (English)
- ‘Philosophy is the capital-form of and within thought’ – a non-philosophical hypothesis, endemictheory, 4 Jan 2021. (English)
- One is not a thinking thing – on the transcendental idiot, their radical poverty, and the invention of democracy, endemictheory, 19 Jan 2021. (English)
- On the Uses and Abuses of Philosophy for Experience – Philosophy I and the Break from Philosophical Sufficiency, endemictheory, 10 Feb 2021. (English)
- For the Strangers Who We Are – a response to Jacob Vangeest, endemictheory, 11 Feb 2021. (English)
- Humanity on the Threshold? – Some Notes On Eco-Fiction or Ordinary Ecology, endemictheory, 22 Feb 2021. (English)
- No Royal Road, but an Alleyway: On Non-Philosophy as Science, endemictheory, 12 Mar 2021. (English)
- Waiting for the Human Philosopher: On Pourquoi pas la philosophie? and the Future of Non-Philosophy, endemictheory, 6 Apr 2021. (English)
- Review: The Real is Radical: Marx after Laruelle by Jonathan Fardy, Marx & Philosophy, 20 Sep 2021. (English)
- Review: Clandestine Theology by François Laruelle (2020), trans. by Andrew Sackin-Poll (London: Bloomsbury, 2020), in Arc 48, 2021, pp. 163-70.
- Aleatory Gnosis, In(ter)vention, and Quantagonism, with Jacob Vangeest, in Philo-fictions 5: Énergie, un sort à défendre, 2021, pp. 103-20. ONPhI (English)
- What is Non-Philosophy?: François Laruelle and Philosophy as the Capital-Form of Thought, Acid Horizon, 22 May 2021. YouTube Spotify (English)
- The ABCs of Oraxiom: Towards a Research Programme of Future Metaphysics, School of Materialist Research, 5 Oct 2021. YouTube (English)
- Translations: https://endemictheory.wordpress.com/translations/