- Nijhoff, Van Ostaijen, "De Stijl": Modernism in the Netherlands and Belgium in the First Quarter of the 20th Century, ed. & intro. Francis Bulhof, The Hague: Nijhoff, 1976, 136 pp. (English)
- Paul de Mol, Nelly Voorhuis (eds.), Het Experiment in de Nederlandse Film, Amsterdam: Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, 1985. Catalogue. (Dutch)
- Anna Abrahams, Mariska Graveland, Erwin van 't Hart, Peter van Hoof, MM2. Experimental film in the Netherlands since 1960, Amsterdam: Filmbank & De Balie, 2004, 286 pp. 
- Anna Abrahams, Claartje Opdam, Mariska Graveland, film3 [‘kju:bIk fIlm], Amsterdam: EYE Film Institute Netherlands & Amsterdam University Press, 2010, 390 pp. Catalogue. (in English/Dutch)  
- Arie Altena (ed.), The Anthology of Computer Art: Sonic Acts XI 2006, 2006.  interview
- Darko Fritz, "Mapping the Beginning of computer-generated art in the Netherlands", paper presented at Rewire conference, 2011. 
- Sebastián López, A Short History of Dutch Video Art/ Una Breve Historia del Video Arte en Holanda, Amsterdam: Gate Foundation, and Rotterdam: episode publishers, 2005. ISBN: 90-5973-031-3.  (English)/(Spanish)
Electroacoustic and electronic music
- The Ear Reader, a web magazine for contemporary composition based in the Netherlands, *2010.
- Releases and literature
- F. C. Weiland, Elektronische Muziek. Muzikale en historische aspecten, 1982/2008. (Dutch)
- Popular Electronics: Early Dutch electronic music from Philips Research Laboratories, 1956-1963, Basta 3091412, 2004, 4 CDs and 7 booklets.  "Outline of Dutch electro-acoustic music" by Jacqueline Oskamp
- Hannah Bosma, "Documentation and publication of electroacoustic compositions at NEAR", 2005.
- Hannah Bosma, "Extended Score Documentation", 2006.
- Hannah Bosma, "Documentation of interdisciplinary electroacoustic music: Drive and Native Tongue", 2007.
- Jacqueline Oskamp, Onder stroom - Geschiedenis van de elektronische muziek in Nederland, 2011. 
- Anthology of Dutch Electronic Music, 1999-2010, Muziek Centrum Nederland & Basta Music, 2011. Book and 2CD. 
- Basta Music releases, selected tracks
- Kees Tazelaar, On the Threshold of Beauty: Philips and the Origins of Electronic Music in the Netherlands, 1925-1965, Rotterdam: V2_, 2013, 316 pp; rev ed., Rotterdam: V2_, 2020, 314 pp.
- Robert Adlington, Composing Dissent: Avant-garde Music in 1960s Amsterdam, Oxford University Press, 2013, 368 pp.  
Media art and culture
- Mediakunst.net. An online catalogue of media art from Dutch collections. The website is home to media art collections of Frans Hals Museum, Van Abbemuseum, Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, the Cultural Heritage Agency of the Netherlands, and LIMA. The works are available worldwide for research, knowledge exchange, long-term storage and presentation.
- Digital Canon (1960–2000) of the Netherlands. Experts from the field of digital culture selected twenty of the most prominent and influential works made on Dutch soil by artists who lived or worked here over a long period of time. The works and their makers are not all equally well known, yet this does not detract from their lasting influence on digital art and culture. Each of the works makes use of or responds to digital culture’s increasing impact on art and society.
- V2_archive presents 35 years of activities of V2_, Rotterdam. The archive collects documentation about events, people, organizations and artworks, and essays, interviews and publications that have played a role in V2_'s history. It catalogues V2_'s events from 1981 onwards, alongside many works that were shown, texts, photos and videos.
- Inventorying Design and Digital Culture Archives. Conducted by The New Institute, Rotterdam. Commissioned by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. Report published in June 2019 (in Dutch).
- Media Art Platform (MAP) was a social networking website for media art professionals and enthusiasts, initiative of the Netherlands Media Art Institute. (Archived 2011)
- The Dutch Thing was a directory service for artists and their organisations. The dutch Thing maps content and context into simple lists and messages. Launched 1996 as part of The Thing network in Amsterdam. (Archived 2016)
- Geert Lovink, "Organizing Independant Media Spaces - Theory and Praxis from Amsterdam", lecture presented at Interstanding conference, Nov 1995, Tallinn.
- Virtueel Platform, Mapping Mediafestivals in the Netherlands, 2012. Dutch edition
- Virtueel Platform, Mapping Nederland Labland, 2012.  (Dutch)
- Sanneke Huisman, Marga van Mechelen (eds.), A Critical History of Media Art in the Netherlands: Platforms, Policies, Technologies, Prinsenbeek: Jap Sam Books, 2019, 376 pp. Review: Lurk (Comm Today). 
avant-garde, modernism and after
Albania, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Central and Eastern Europe, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kosova, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Slovenia, Slovakia, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States