Difference between revisions of "New Art Exhibition (1923)"

From Monoskop
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 1: Line 1:
<onlyinclude>[[The New Art Exhibition]], 20 May - 20 June 1923, organised by [[Władysław Strzemiński]] and [[Vytautas Kairiūkštis]], at Corso Cinema on A. Mickiewicz Avenue in [[Vilnius]]. Meeting ground for Russian and Western European avant-garde movements. One of the first manifestations of constructivist art outside Russia. Works included painting, drawing, sculpture, architecture, scenography, and printing. Cubist, Constructivist, and Suprematist compositions predominated. Its catalogue includes Kairiūkštis’ constructivist manifesto. The exhibition marked the first appearance of Polish Constructivism; participants included Mieczyslaw Szczuka (first montage photographs), Henryk Stażewski, Władysław Strzemiński, and Teresa Żarnowerówna, all of whom later become the members of the [[Blok]] group which held exhibitions in Riga, Bucharest, Brussels and Warsaw.</onlyinclude>
+
<onlyinclude>[[The New Art Exhibition]], 20 May - 20 June 1923, organised by [[Władysław Strzemiński]] and [[Vytautas Kairiūkštis]], at Corso Cinema on A. Mickiewicz Avenue in [[Vilnius]]. Meeting ground for Russian and Western European avant-garde movements. One of the first manifestations of constructivist art outside Russia. Works included painting, drawing, sculpture, architecture, scenography, and printing. Cubist, Constructivist, and Suprematist compositions predominated. Its catalogue includes Kairiūkštis’ constructivist manifesto. The exhibition marked the first appearance of Polish Constructivism; participants included [[Mieczysław Szczuka]] (first montage photographs), [[Henryk Stażewski]], Strzemiński, and [[Teresa Żarnowerówna]], all of whom later become the members of the [[Blok]] group; also [[Karol Kryński]], [[Maria Puciatycka]] exhibited.</onlyinclude>
  
  
 
http://www.lituanus.org/2008/08_2_03%20Liutkus.html
 
http://www.lituanus.org/2008/08_2_03%20Liutkus.html

Revision as of 22:40, 30 October 2011

The New Art Exhibition, 20 May - 20 June 1923, organised by Władysław Strzemiński and Vytautas Kairiūkštis, at Corso Cinema on A. Mickiewicz Avenue in Vilnius. Meeting ground for Russian and Western European avant-garde movements. One of the first manifestations of constructivist art outside Russia. Works included painting, drawing, sculpture, architecture, scenography, and printing. Cubist, Constructivist, and Suprematist compositions predominated. Its catalogue includes Kairiūkštis’ constructivist manifesto. The exhibition marked the first appearance of Polish Constructivism; participants included Mieczysław Szczuka (first montage photographs), Henryk Stażewski, Strzemiński, and Teresa Żarnowerówna, all of whom later become the members of the Blok group; also Karol Kryński, Maria Puciatycka exhibited.


http://www.lituanus.org/2008/08_2_03%20Liutkus.html