Signe Lidén (NO) is an artist based in Amsterdam and Bergen. Her installations and performances examine man-made landscapes and their resonance. She is interested in how places and their histories resonate; in memory, through narratives and various materials, as ideological manifestations and political territories. Her work spans from sound installations, sculpture, video and performance to more documentary forms such as sound essays and archives.
Lidén has an MA from the Academy of Arts in Bergen and graduated from the Nordic Sound Art MA program in 2012. Lidén realised her work Vertical Studies: Acoustic Shadows and Boundary Reflections (2017) in collaboration with Espen Sommer Eide at Sonic Acts Festival (Amsterdam) and Borealis festival (Bergen). She made the performance Altitude and History (2016) and krysning/пересечение/conflux (2014) for the Dark Ecology project in Nikel (Kola peninsula); the installation series Writings for the European Sound Art Network Resonance (2013-14); and collaborated with Steve Rowell and Annesofie Norn on The Cold Coast Archive (2010-12), an exhibition series on the Global Seed Vault launched at the Centre for PostNatural History, Pittsburgh. She was commissioned to make works for Volt, Hordaland Art Center, Kunsthall Oslo and Ny Musikk, Touch Radio, Inteferenze New Arts Festival, and St John's College Oxford. She was one of the curators for Lydhørt at Lydgalleriet in Bergen.
- Articles and interviews
- Regine, "The Cold Coast Archive: Future Artifacts from the Svalbard Global Seed Vault", we-make-money-not-art.com, May 2012.
- Regine, "Interview with sound artist Signe Lidén", we-make-money-not-art.com, Sep 2012.
- Harold Schellinx, Holes, Caves, Archives and Inscriptions", Resonance - European Sound Art Network, May 2013. An interview with Signe Lidén about her work Writings (2013).
- Salomé Voegelin, "Collateral Damage", The Wire, May 2014.
- Salomé Voegelin, Sonic Possible Worlds, Bloomsbury, 2014, pp 36-45.
- Bonnie Fortune, "Cold Coast Archive: AnneSofie Norn & Signe Lidén" [Interview], in , An Edge Effect: Art & Ecology in the Nordic Landscapes, ed. Bonnie Fortune, Chicago: Half Letter Press, 2014, pp 142-167. 
- Daniela Cascella, "S.", in Cascella, F.M.R.L.: Footnotes, Mirages, Refrains and Leftovers of Writing Sound, London: Zero Books, 2015.
- Daniela Cascella, "Field of Heaven and Meteorites", in The Imaginary Reader, ed. Marie Nerland, Bergen: Volt, 2016. 
- Signe Lidén, "krysning/пересечение/conflux", in Living Earth: Field Notes From The Dark Ecology Project 2014-2016, ed. Mirna Belina, Amsterdam: Sonic Acts Press, 2016, in 85-90.