- The Power of Activist Videos conference, ICI Berlin, 12-13 May 2017. Organized by Jens Eder, Britta Hartmann and Chris Tedjasukmana.
- Video Activism 2.0, a research project on web videos.
- Michael Shamberg, Raindance Corporation, Guerrilla Television, New York, Chicago, San Francisco: Holt Rinehart and Winstin, 1971. 
- Deidre Boyle, Subject to Change: Guerrilla Television Revisited, Oxford University Press, 1997.
- Carlos Fernandez, "Movements and Militant Media: Communications Technology and Latin American Grassroots Politics", in Realizing the Impossible: Art Against Authority, eds. Josh MacPhee and Erik Reuland, AK Press, 2007, pp 229-235.
- Carolyn Faber, Jakob Jakobsen, Guerilla Television and Activist Video: A View from the Last 35 Years, Copenhagen: Copenhagen Free University, 2007, 56 pp. Excerpt, . Booklet with an interview with tv-pioneer Tom Weinberg - by Carolyn Faber, documents from the Media Burn Archive and a Guerilla Television Lexicon.
- Nancy Cain, Video Days and What We Saw Through the Viewfinder, Palm Springs: Event Horizon Press, 2011.
- Ege Berensel, "From Guerilla Television to Video-Activism, from Witness Video to Media-Activism: How to Resist Using Video", Goethe.de, 2012.
- Kris Paulsen, "Half-Inch Revolution: The Guerrilla Video Tape Network", Amodern 2, Oct 2013.
- Michael Goddard, Guerrilla Networks: An Anarchaeology of 1970s Radical Media Ecologies, Amsterdam University Press, 2018, 358 pp. TOC & Introduction. . Review: Gloor (H-Soz-Kult).
| Artists' cultures
or, sets of techniques and practices bringing together communities of artists, makers and writers
Avant-garde and modernist magazines, Artists' publishing, Graphic design, Photography, Typewriter art, Multimedia environments, Design research, Video activism, Urban practices, Zine culture, Demoscene, VJing, Live cinema, Media labs, Cyberfeminism, Community television, Hacktivism, Art servers, Hackerspaces, CD-ROM art, Circuit bending, Pure Data, Media archives, VVVV, Maker culture, Glitch art, Live coding, Locative media, Libre graphics, Electromagnetism, Surf clubs, DIY biology, Post-digital, Neural aesthetics.