peer preservation in Thylstrup 2019
and countries within the European Union.64 The same tendency is evident in
the #ICanHazPDF Twitter phenomenon, which while framed as “civil disobedience”
to aid users in the Global South65 nevertheless has higher numbers of posts
from the US and Great Britain.66
This brings us to the second cultural-political production, namely the
question of distribution. In their article “Book Piracy as Peer Preservation,”
Denis Tenen and Maxwell Henry Foxman note that rather than condemning book
piracy _tout court_ , established libraries could in fact learn from the
infrastructural set-ups of shadow libraries in relation to participatory
governance, technological innovation, and economic sustainability.67 Shadow
libraries are often premised upon an infrastructure that includes user
participation without, howev
rd: Oxford University Press.
289. Tawa, Michael. 2012. “Limits of Fluxion.” In _Architecture in the Space of Flows_ , eds. Andrew Ballantyne and Chris Smith. Abingdon, UK: Routledge.
290. Tay, J. S. W., and R. H. Parker. 1990. “Measuring International Harmonization and Standardization.” _Abacus_ 26 (1): 71–88.
291. Tenen, Dennis, and Maxwell Henry Foxman. 2014. “ _Book Piracy as Peer Preservation_.” Columbia University Academic Commons. doi: 10.7916/D8W66JHS.
292. Teubner, Gunther. 1997. _Global Law Without a State_. Aldershot, UK: Dartmouth.
293. Thussu, Daya K. 2007. _Media on the Move: Global Flow and Contra-Flow_. London: Routledge.
294. Tiffen, Belinda. 2007. “Recording the Nation: Nationalism and the History of the National Library of Australia.” _Australian Library Journ
Display 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000 ALL characters around the word.