(Redirected from Category:3D printing)
 Maker communities
- Thingiverse, a software repository for open source hardware designs. Launched in November 2008 by Zach Smith and Bre Pettis.
- RepRap (replicating rapid prototyper), an initiative to develop an open license 3D printer that can print most of its own components. Founded in March 2005 by Adrian Bowyer.
- MakerBot initiative, a New York-based company founded in January 2009 by Bre Pettis, Adam Mayer, and Zach Smith producing open source hardware, specifically 3D printers. MakerBot builds on the early progress of the RepRap Project with the goal of bringing desktop 3D printing into the home at an affordable price.
- Ultimaker, an open source 3D printer.
 Articles and videos
- Stephen Murphey, "3D Printer Community Survey Results", August 2012.
- ThePirateBay.org, "Evolution: New category", January 2012.
- Joris Peels, "2010: the Year in 3D printing", December 2010.
 See also