Tracey Rihll is a Reader in History and Classics at Swansea University. She serves on the Council of the Hellenic Society, the editorial advisory board of Vulcan: The Journal of the Social and Cultural History of Military Technology (Brill), and is co-editor of Aestimatio: Critical Reviews in the History of Science (IRCPS).
She has long specialized in the history of ancient science and technology, and more recently has been extending into the area of science and technology studies more generally. She also continues to work on slavery, and the social, economic and political history of the ancient Greek and Roman worlds. 
- Synoikism. People, Power and Poleis, University of Leeds, 1986. Ph.D. dissertation.
- Greek Science, Oxford University Press, 1999, xii+163 pp. Frontmatter, .
- editor, with C.J. Tuplin, Science and Mathematics in Ancient Greek Gulture, foreword Lewis Wolpert, Oxford University Press, 2002, xvi+379 pp.  Based on a conference held in Liverpool in 1996. Reviews: William Wians (BMCR), Mary Knight (Classical World), Philip Thibodeau (American Journal of Philology), Jens Hoyrup (Zentralblatt Math).
- The Catapult: A History, Yardley, PA: Westholme, 2007, xxiii+381 pp. Reviews: Serafina Cuomo (Aestimatio), Barton C. Hacker (Journal of Military History).
- Technology and Society in the Ancient Greek and Roman Worlds, Washington, DC: American Historical Association/Society for the History of Technology, 2013, ix+92 pp.  Review: Milo Nikolic (BMCR).
Book chapters and articles
- "Men and Machines: Slavery and Machinery in Ancient Greece", in Ancient Greek Technology: Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference (held in Athens, October 17–21, 2005), Athens, 2006, pp 761-768.
- "Slavery and Technology in Pre-Industrial Contexts", in Slave Systems: Ancient and Modern, eds. E. Dal Lago and C. Katsari, Cambridge University Press, 2008, pp 127-147.
- "Lead slingshot (glandes)", Journal of Roman Archaeology 22 (2009), pp 146-169.
- "Skilled slaves and the economy: the silver mines of the Laurion", in Antike Sklaverei: Rückblick und Ausblick. Neue Beiträge zur Forschungsgeschichte und zur Erschließung der archäologischen Zeugnisse, ed. H. Heinen, Stuttgart: Franz Steiner, 2010, pp 203-220.
- "Science and Technology: Alexandrian", in A Companion to Ancient Egypt, ed. Alan B. Lloyd, Blackwell, 2010, pp 409-424, PDF.
- "Classical Athens", in The Cambridge World History of Slavery, vol. 1, eds. Keith Bradley and Paul Cartledge, Cambridge University Press, 2011, pp 48-73.
- with Victoria Wang and John V. Tucker, "On Phatic Technologies for Creating and Maintaining Human Relationships", Technology in Society 33:1-2 (2011), pp 44-51.
- "Depreciation in Vitruvius", Classical Quarterly 63:2 (2013), pp 893-897.