Andrea Fraser (1965, Billings, Montana) is an artist and Professor in the Department of Art at the University of California, Los Angeles. Her work has been identified with performance, video, project-based art, context art, and institutional critique.
She studied at the School of Visual Arts, New York (1982–84), Whitney Museum of American Art Independent Study Program, New York (1984–85), and New York University, New York (1985–86).
Fraser was a founding member of the feminist performance group, The V-Girls (1986–96); the project-based artist initiative Parasite (1997–98); and the cooperative art gallery Orchard (2005–present).
Surveys of her work have been presented by the Belkin Art Gallery, University of British Columbia; the Kunstverein Hamburg; the Kemper Art Museum, Washington University; the Franz Hals Museum in Haarlem; and the Carpenter Center, Harvard University. Major retrospectives of her work have been organized by the Museum Ludwig Cologne (2013); the Museum der Moderne Kunst Salzburg (2015); the Museum of Contemporary Art Barcelona and the MUAC UNAM Mexico City (both 2016).
She lives in Los Angeles.
- Andrea Fraser: Works 1984-2003, Dumont, 2003.
- Museum Highlights: The Writings of Andrea Fraser, MIT Press, 2005, 332 pp. 
- What Do I as an Artist, Provide?, Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum, 2007, 23 pp.
- Texts, Scripts, Transcripts, Museum Ludwig, 2013.
- Andrea Fraser. L’1%, c’est moi, ed. Ekaterina Álvarez Romero, Ciudad de México: Museo Universitario Arte Contemporáneo (MUAC), and Barcelona: Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA), 2016, 119 pp, ARG. (Spanish)/(English)
- "Museum Highlights: A Gallery Talk", October 57, Summer 1991, pp 104-122.
- "How to Provide an Artistic Service: An Introduction", 1994. Presented at The Depot, Vienna, Oct 1994.
- "What's Intangible, Transitory, Mediating, Participatory, and Rendered in the Public Sphere?", October 80, Spring 1997, pp 111-116.
- "Why Does Fred Sandback’s Work Make Me Cry?", Grey Room 22, Winter 2005, pp 30-47.
- "From the Critique of Institutions to an Institution of Critique", Artforum 44:1, New York, Sep 2005, pp 278-283, n332.
- "‘A Museum is Not a Business. It is Run in a Businesslike Fashion’", in Art and Institutions: Current Conflicts, Critique and Collaborations, ed. Nina Möntmann, London: Black Dog Publishing, 2006, pp 86-98.
- "Speaking of the Social World...", Texte zur Kunst 81, Berlin, Mar 2011, pp 153-158.
- "‘I am going to tell you what I am not; pay attention, this is exactly what I am,’", in Museum 21: Institution, Idea, Practice, ed. Sophie Byrne, Dublin: Irish Museum of Modern Art, 2011, pp 82-103.
- "L’1% C’est Moi", Texte zur Kunst 83, Berlin, Sep 2011, pp 114-127.
- "L’1% C’est Moi", c2016. (Spanish)
- "There's No Place Like Home", Whitney Museum of American Art: Whitney Biennial, pp 28-33, 2012, ARG.
- "Como en casa en ninguna parte", 2016. (Spanish)