Ann Laura Stoler
Revision as of 15:46, 10 December 2017 by Dusan
Ann Laura Stoler is Willy Brandt Distinguished University Professor of Anthropology and Historical Studies at The New School for Social Research and the author and editor of many books
- Capitalism and Confrontation in Sumatra's Plantation Belt, 1870-1979, Yale University Press, 1985, xii+272 pp; 2nd ed., University of Michigan Press, 1995. 
- Kapitalisme dan konfrontasi di sabuk perkebunan Sumatra, 1870-1979, Yogkarta: Karsa, 2005, lix+411 pp. Trans. of 2nd ed. (Indonesian)
- Purantīshon no shakaishi: Deri 1870-1979, trans. Nakashima Narihisa, Tokyo: Hōsei Daigaku Shuppankyoku, 2007, 320+22 pp. (Japanese)
- Race and the Education of Desire: Foucault's 'History of Sexuality' and the Colonial Order of Things, Duke University Press, 1995, 256 pp. 
- editor, with Frederick Cooper, Tensions of Empire: Colonial Cultures in a Bourgeois World, University of California Press, 1997, 463 pp. 
- Repenser le colonialisme, trans. Christian Jeanmougin, Paris: Payot, 2013, 173 pp. (French)
- Carnal Knowledge and Imperial Power: Race and the Intimate in Colonial Rule, University of California Press, 2002, xi+335 pp. Excerpt. . Review: Hall (Social Hist).
- Nikutai no chishiki to teikoku no kenryoku: jinshu to shokuminchi shihai ni okeru shinmitsu naru mono, Tokyo: Ibunsha, 2010, 357 pp. (Japanese)
- La chair de l'empire: savoirs intimes et pouvoirs raciaux en régime colonial, trans. Sébastien Roux, Paris: Découverte: Institut Émilie du, 2013, 298 pp. (French)
- editor, Haunted by Empire: Geographies of Intimacy in North American History, Duke University Press, 2006, 568 pp. 
- editor, with Carole McGranahan, and Peter C. Perdue, Imperial Formations, Santa Fe, NM: School for Advanced Research Press, 2007.
- editor, Cultural Anthropology 23(2): "Imperial Debris: Reflections on Ruins and Ruination", May 2008.
- Along the Archival Grain: Epistemic Anxieties and Colonial Common Sense, Princeton University Press, 2009, 336 pp. Chapter 1. . Review: Burton (Am Hist Rev).
- editor, Imperial Debris: On Ruins and Ruination, Duke University Press, 2013, 384 pp. . Review: Schultz (H-Empire).
- Duress: Imperial Durabilities in Our Times, Duke University Press, 2016, 448 pp. 
- "Ann Laura Stoler Interviewed by E. Valentine Daniel", Public Culture 24:3, pp 493-514.