Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bill Nichols (1942) is an American film critic and theoretician best known for his pioneering work as founder of the contemporary study of documentary film.
- Newsreel: Documentary Filmmaking on the American Left, New York: Arno Press, 1980.
- Ideology and the Image: Social Representation in the Cinema and Other Media, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1981.
- Representing Reality: Issues and Concepts in Documentary, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1991.
- Blurred Boundaries: Questions of Meaning in Contemporary Culture, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1994.
- Introduction to Documentary, Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press, 2001, IA; 2nd edition, 2010, IA.
- Úvod do dokumentárního filmu, Praha: AMU - JSAF, 2010. (Czech)
- Engaging Cinema: An Introduction to Film Studies, W. W. Norton & Company, 2010.