David Talbot Rice
Jump to navigation Jump to search
David Talbot Rice (11 July 1903 - 12 March 1972) was an English art historian.
- The Birth of Western Painting: a History of Colour, Form, and Iconography Illustrated from the Paintings of Mistra and Mount Athos, of Giotto and Duccio, and of El Greco, London, Routledge, 1930.
- Byzantine Art, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1935; London: Penguin Books, 1968.
- Russian Icons, London: Penguin Books, 1947.
- English Art, 871-1100, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1952.
- The Beginnings of Christian Art, London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1957.
- The Art of Byzantium, London: Thames and Hudson, 1959.
- Byzantine Icons, London: Faber and Faber, 1959.
- Constantinople: Byzantium - Istanbul, London: Elek Books, 1965.
- Islamic Art, published by Frederick A. Praeger, World of Art Ser., New York and Washington D.C., 1965.