Douglas Crimp (1944) is an art critic and professor of art history and visual and cultural studies at the University of Rochester. He was the curator of the landmark Pictures exhibition at Artists Space, New York, in 1977 and, from 1977-1990 an editor of the quarterly journal October. With Lynne Cooke, he organized the exhibition Mixed Use, Manhattan: Photography and Related Practices 1970s to the Present for the Reina Sofía in Madrid in the summer of 2010, and he was a member of the curatorial team for the 2015 Greater New York exhibition at MoMA PS1.
- AIDS Demo Graphics, Seattle: Bay Press, 1990.
- On the Museum’s Ruins, MIT Press, 1993.
- Melancholia and Moralism: Essays on AIDS and Queer Politics, MIT Press, 2002.
- Posiciones críticas: ensayos sobre las políticas de arte y la identidad, Akal, 2005. (Spanish)
- "Our Kind of Movie": The Films of Andy Warhol, MIT Press, 2012.
- Before Pictures, University of Chicago Press, 2016, 288 pp. tells the story of Crimp’s life as a young gay man and art critic in New York City during the late 1960s through the 1970s; part biography and part cultural history. 
- editor, October: "AIDS: Cultural Analysis, Cultural Activism", MIT Press, 1987. Introduction.
Papers, book chapters
- "Pictures", October 8, Spring 1979, MIT Press, pp 75-88.
- "On the Museum's Ruins", October 13, Summer 1980, MIT Press, pp 41-57.
- "The End of Art and the Origin of the Museum", Art Journal 46(4): "The Political Unconscious in Nineteenth-Century Art", Winter 1987, pp 261-266.
- "There Is No Final Picture: A Conversation between Philipp Kaiser and Douglas Crimp", in Painting on the Move, Basel: Kunsthalle Basel, 2002, pp 171-179.
- Tina Takemoto, "The Melancholia of AIDS: Interview with Douglas Crimp", Art Journal 62:4, Winter 2003, pp 80-90.
- Mathias Danbolt, "Front Room Back Room: An Interview with Douglas Crimp", Trikster: Nordic Queer Journal 2, 2008.
- "Douglas Crimp with Jarrett Earnest", The Brooklyn Rail, 4 Oct 2016.
- Lutz Hieber, Zur Aktualität von Douglas Crimp: Postmoderne und Queer Theory, VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften, 2013. (German)