Jump to navigation Jump to search
Edward Wadie Said (Arabic: إدوارد وديع سعيد, 1 November 1935 – 25 September 2003) was a Palestinian American literary theorist and public intellectual who helped found the critical-theory field of postcolonialism.
(in English unless noted)
- by Said
- Beginnings: Intention and Method, New York: Basic Books, Inc., 1975; Johns Hopkins University Press, 1978.
- Orientalism. Western Concepts of the Orient, New York: Pantheon Books, 1978; Vintage Books, 1979.
- L'Orientalisme. L'Orient créé par l'Occident, trans. Catherine Malamoud, Paris: Seuil, 1978; 1995; 2005. (French)
- The Question of Palestine, Times Books, 1979; Vintage Books, 1980; 1992.
- on Said
- Harold Aram Veeser, Edward Said: The Charisma of Criticism, Routledge, 2010. Log