Jump to navigation Jump to search
Georges Canguilhem (4 June 1904 – 11 September 1995) was a French philosopher and physician who specialized in epistemology and the philosophy of science (in particular, biology).
- Ideology and Rationality in the History of the Life Sciences, trans. Arthur Goldhammer, MIT Press, 1988.
- The Normal and the Pathological, trans. Carolyn R. Fawcett and Robert S. Cohen, intro. Michel Foucault, New York: Zone Books, 1991.
- "Machine and Organism", trans. Mark Cohen and Randall Cherry, in Incorporations, ed. Jonathan Crary and Sanford Kwinter, New York: Zone Books, 1992.
- A Vital Rationalist: Selected Writings, ed. François Delaporte, trans. Arthur Goldhammer, intro. Paul Rabinow, New York: Zone Books, 1994; 2000, 481 pp.
- Knowledge of Life, trans. Stefanos Geroulanos and Daniela Ginsburg, New York: Fordham University Press, 2008.