Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Manifestos, writings
- three texts on Auto-Destructive Art, 1959-61.
- "Four Manifestoes by Gustav Metzger", Signals 1:2, London, Sep 1964, p 14.
- "Art Strike 1977-1980", Yawn 38 (Mar 1993), p 1848.
- Damaged Nature, Auto-Destructive Art, Coracle, 1996, 112 pp. Contains two essays and manifestos by Metzger, together with Andrew Wilson's essay and an extended chronology and bibliography by Clive Phillpot. 
- Act or Perish! A Retrospective, Dijon: Les presses du réel, 2016, 224 pp. Published following the 2015 retrospectives in Torun and Oslo.  (English)
- Act or Perish! Gustav Metzger: a Retrospective, CSW Torun, 8 Nov 2015-17 Jan 2016.
- Gustav Metzger in Oslo: Extremes Touch and Liquid Crystal Environment, Kunsthall Oslo/Stiftelsen Kunstnernes Hus, Oslo, 14 Nov 2015-31 Jan 2016. Exhibition.
- Andrew Wilson, "Gustav Metzger’s Auto-Destructive/Auto-Creative Art An Art of Manifesto, 1959-1969", Third Text 22:2 (Mar 2008), pp 177-194.
- John A. Walker, "Gustav Metzger, the Conscience of the Artworld", 2009. A chronological account of the life and radical artwork of the artist.
- Stuart Jeffries, "Gustav Metzger: 'Destroy, and you create'", The Guardian, 26 Nov 2012.