Jump to navigation Jump to search
Heath Bunting (1966, Wood Green, London) is an artist living in Bristol. Emerged from the 1980s committed to building open/democratic communication systems and social contexts. Came from the street up, passing through and often revisiting graphity, performance, intervention, pirate radio, fax/mail art and BBS systems to become an active participant in the explosion of the Internet. Between 1994 and 1997 produced many Internet projects, which can be accessed at the server Irational.org set-up by himself.
- Artist’s Diary 2003, .
- How to Build a New Legal Identity, eds. Katerina Gkoutziouli, Marianna Christofi and Maria Varela, Athens: Frown Publishing, 2014,  pp.
- Josephine Bosma, "Street Artist, Political Net Artist or Playful Trickster? Interview with Heath Bunting", 17 Aug 1997.
- Josephine Bosma, "Ljubljana interview with Heath Bunting", Nettime, Jun 1997.
- Tilman Baumgärtel, "Interview with Heath Bunting", Nettime, Aug 1997.
- Matthew Fuller, "Interview: Rachel Baker & Heath Bunting", Art for Networks, c.2002.
- Michael Connor, "Between the Net and the Street. Rachel Baker discusses the network experiments of Heath Bunting", Rhizome, Apr 2017.