Hito Steyerl works as filmmaker, videoartist and author in the area of essayist documentary film, postcolonial criticism, as producer as well as theorist. The works are located on the interface between film and fine arts. Main topics: cultural globalisation, political theory, global feminism, and migration. Further activities include work as political journalist, film and art critic, catalogue and book author. The films have received international awards and are screened on TV in many countries. Phd in philosophy. Visiting Professor for Experimental Media Creation at Universitaet der Kuenste, Berlin, numerous lecturerships at art and filmschools in Vienna, Munich, Hannover, etc.
- November, 2004, 25 min. Film.
- The Wretched of the Screen, intro. Franco "Bifo" Berardi, Berlin: Sternberg Press, Berlin, and New York: e-flux, 2012.
- Los condenados de la pantalla, trans. Marcelo Expósito, Buenos Aires: Caja Negra, 2014. (Spanish)
- "Too Much World: Is the Internet Dead?", e-flux 49 (November 2013).
- Steyerl's first mid-career retrospective, Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven, 2014. 
- "Techniques of the Observer. Hito Steyerl and Laura Poitras in Conversation", Artforum, May 2015.