McKenzie Wark, 2019
September 10, 1961|
|Based in||New York City, United States|
|Web||Aaaaarg, Academia.edu, Wikipedia|
McKenzie (Ken) Wark (1961) is a writer and scholar. Wark is Professor of Culture and Media in Liberal Studies at The New School for Social Research & Eugene Lang College in New York City that they joined in 2003. Wark is known for their writings on media theory, critical theory, new media, media art, and the Situationist International.
Their pronouns are they/their. 
Kenneth McKenzie Wark was born in Newcastle, Australia in 1961 and grew up with their older brother Robert and sister Susan. When McKenzie was 6 years old, their mother died. Brother Robert McKenzie Wark remembers reading to McKenzie as a young child and the three children were brought up by their architect father Ross Kenneth Wark. McKenzie received a bachelor's degree from Macquarie University (1985), a Master's from the University of Technology, Sydney (1990), and a PhD in Communications from Murdoch University (1998). Wark is married to Christen Clifford. The couple have two children, Felix and Vera.  
- Virtual Geography: Living with Global Media Events, Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1994, PDF, IA, ARG.
- The Virtual Republic: Australia's Culture Wars of the 1990s, Sydney: Allen & Unwin, 1997, ARG. 
- Celebrities, Culture and Cyberspace, Sydney: Pluto Press Australia, 1999; London: Commerford & Miller, 1999.
- editor, with Josephine Bosma, et al., Read Me! ASCII Culture & The Revenge of Knowledge, New York: Autonomedia, 1999, 556 pp.
- with Bernard Cohen, John Kinsella and Terri-Ann White, Speedfactory, Fremantle: Fremantle Arts Centre Press, 2002, 151 pp. 
- A Hacker Manifesto, Harvard University Press, 2004, 208 pp. 
- Hacker-Manifest, trans. Dietmar Zimmer, Munich: C.H. Beck, 2005,  pp. (German)
- Un manifesto hacker: lavoratori immateriali di tutto il mondo unitevi!, trans. Marco Deseriis, Milan: Giangiacomo Feltrinelli, 2005, 178 pp. (Italian)
- Hakkā sengen, trans. Tomoyuki Kaneta, Tokyo: Kawade Shobō Shinsha, 2005, 248 pp. (Japanese)
- Un manifeste hacker, trans. Club Post-1984 Mary Shelley & Cie Hacker band, Paris: Ubiprodedis/Criticalsecret, 2006, 389+ pp. (French)
- Ena maniphesto tōn chaker, trans. Nektarios Kalaitzēs, Athens: Scripta, 2006, 300 pp. (Greek)
- Un manifiesto hacker, trans. Laura Manero, Barcelona: Alpha Decay, 2006, 204 pp. (Spanish)
- Hakerski manifest, trans. Tomislav Medak, Zagreb: Multimedijalni institut, 2006. (Croatian)
- Bir hacker manifestosu, trans. Merve Darende, Istanbul: Altıkırkbeş, 2008, 234 pp. (Turkish)
- Hekerski manifest, trans. Aleksandra Rekar, afterw. Janez Strehovec, Ljubljana: Maska, 2008, 275 pp. (Slovenian)
- Hackerkiáltvány, trans. Nagy Mónika Zsuzsanna, Budapest: Noran Libro, 2010, 213 pp.  (Hungarian)
- Manifiesto hacker, trans. Sensei Magnus, n.d.,  pp. Trans. of a shorter essay. (Spanish)
- Gam3r 7h3ory, Institute for the Future of the Book, 2006ff.
- 50 Years of Recuperation: The Situationist International 1957-2007, New York: Princeton Architectural Press, 2008. 
- The Beach Beneath the Street: The Everyday Life and Glorious Times of the Situationist International, London: Verso, 2011, 224 pp. 
- Kaldırım Taşlarının Altında Kumsal Var, trans. Arda Çiltepe, Istanbul: SEL, 2014, 226 pp.  (Turkish)
- La playa bajo la calle: la vida cotidiana y los momentos gloriosos de la Internacional Situacionista, trans. José Luis Piquero, Paracuellos de Jarama (Madrid): Hermida, 2018, 272 pp. (Spanish)
- Telesthesia: Communication, Culture and Class, Cambridge: Polity, 2012. Chs 9, 13, 16, 19.
- Kua yue shi kong de gan zhi: Jiao liu, wen hua yu jie ji [跨越时空的感知: 交流,文化与阶级], Nanjing: Jiang su feng huang jiao yu chu ban she, trans. Changyu Hu, 2015, 191 pp. (Chinese)
- The Spectacle of Disintegration: Situationist Passages out of the Twentieth Century, London: Verso, 2013.
- with Rachel Law, W.A.N.T: Weaponized Adorables Negotiation Tactics, 2013, 80 pp.
- with Alexander R. Galloway and Eugene Thacker, Excommunication: Three Inquiries in Media and Mediation, University of Chicago Press, 2013.
- with Kathy Acker, I'm Very Into You. Correspondence 1995–1996, ed. & intro. Matias Viegener, afterw. John Kinsella, Semiotext(e), 2015, 160 pp. 
- Molecular Red: Theory for the Anthropocene, London: Verso, 2015, xxiv+280 pp.
- Molekulares Rot. Theorie für das Anthropozän, trans. Dirk Höfer, Berlin: Matthes & Seitz, 2017, 300 pp.  (German)
- Molekularno rdeče: teorija za dobo antropocena, trans. Marko Bauer, afterw. Primož Krašovec, Ljubljana: Sophia, 2018, xxx+323 pp. Review: Kaluža (Radio Student). (Slovenian)
- Russian trans., Moscow: Strelka, forthcoming. (Russian)
- editor, Molecular Red Reader, London: Verso, 2015, 85 pp.
- General Intellects: Twenty-One Thinkers for the Twenty First Century, London: Verso, 2017, viii+325 pp.
- Capital Is Dead: Is This Something Worse?, London: Verso, 2019, 202 pp.
- Reverse Cowgirl, Semiotext(e), 2020, 200 pp. 
- Ray Edgar, Ashley Crawford (eds.), Transit Lounge, Melbourne: Fine Art Publishing, 1998. Includes several of Wark's essays.
- "“Not Yet”: On the Novels of Kenneth Fearing", The Brooklyn Rail, 2 Apr 2007.
- "Blue Ruin: Totality and Acceleration", Rhizome, 10 Mar 2014.
- "Designs for a New World", e-flux 58, Oct 2014.
- "The Vectoralist Class", e-flux Supercommunity, 29 Aug 2015.
- "Creators of the World Unite", Los Angeles Review of Books, 25 Nov 2015; repr. in LARB: The Digital Revolution: Debating the Promise and Perils of the Internet, Automation, and Algorithmic Lives in the Last Years of the Obama Administration, 2017, pp 63-68. Review of Cory Doctorow's Information Doesn’t Want to be Free.
- "The Vectoralist Class, Part II", e-flux 70, Feb 2016.
- "Undeletable Text: Eric Hobsbawm", boundary 2 43:2, 2016, pp 125-140.
- "Friction", Public Seminar, 5 Sep 2016. On Anna Tsing.
- "Africa contra Hegel", Public Seminar, 24 Sep 2016. On Achille Mbembe.
- "The Sublime Language of My Century", Public Seminar, 14 May 2016.
- "Digital Provenance and the Artwork as Derivative", e-flux 77, Nov 2016.
- "From Architecture to Kainotecture", e-flux Architecture: "Accumulation", 5 Apr 2017.
- "Eduardo Viveiros de Castro: In and Against the Human", Verso Blog, 12 Jun 2017.
- "On Nick Land", Verso Blog, 20 Jun 2017.
- "Our Aesthetics", Verso Blog, 27 Jun 2017. On Sianne Ngui.
- "My Collectible Ass", e-flux 85, Oct 2017.
- "Wild Gone Girls", e-flux 93, Sep 2018.
- "Kathy Acker: Get Rid of Meaning", The Brooklyn Rail, 5 Feb 2019.
- "Freaky Realism: Michael Taussig's Palma Africana", The Brooklyn Rail, May 2019.
- "A Functional Form Has Its Own Beauty: An Interview with Kim Stanley Robinson", Los Angeles Review of Books, 1 Sep 2013.
- "#3 Debord Action Figure. Entretien réalisé par Ewen Chardronnet autour du travail de McKenzie Wark", in Artisans numériques, ed. Ewen Chardronnet, Orléans: HYX, 2014, pp 177-185. (French)
- "Durable Futures and Intimate Encounters. McKenzie Wark with Thyrza Nichols Goodeve", The Brooklyn Rail, 8 Sep 2015.
- with Petar Jandrić, "New Knowledge for a New Planet: Critical Pedagogy for the Anthropocene", Open Review of Educational Research 3:1 (2016), pp 148-178. 
- Alexander R. Galloway, "An Interview with McKenzie Wark", boundary2, 7 Apr 2017.
- Richard Marshall, "The Hacker", 3:AM Magazine, 10 Jun 2017.