Jump to navigation Jump to search
Siegfried Kracauer (February 8, 1889 – November 26, 1966) was a German writer, journalist, sociologist, cultural critic, and film theorist. He has sometimes been associated with the Frankfurt School of critical theory.
- Theory of Film: The Redemption of Physical Reality, New York: Oxford University Press, 1960. (English)
- Das Ornament der Masse: Essays, Suhrkamp, 1963.  (German)
- The Mass Ornament: Weimar Essays, trans, ed. & intro. Thomas Y. Levin, Harvard University Press, 1995, 416 pp. (English)
- From Caligary to Hitler: A Psychological History of the German Film, 1947; rev.ed., exp., ed. & intro. Leonardo Quaresima, Princeton University Press, 2004, 348 pp. (English)
- Von Caligari zu Hitler. Eine psychologische Geschichte des deutschen Films, trans. Ruth Baumgarten and Karsten Witte, Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp, 1979; 1984; 1995. (German)