we can speak about monoskop here.
central + east europe geography
the former Monoskop geo discourse was targeted to CE+EE territory, after the discussion, the geo was widened to Europa. talk to this subject not over, there is much more to answer.
why not define the context by geo & ideo borders? -- c+e europe & digital media. --Dusan, 3 Aug 2004 (CEST)
- just europa (geographically), and changing perception and expressivity, no? --XGZ 20:02, 3 Aug 2004 (CEST)
hm, central+east europe vs rest of the world outdated discussion? what have i been doing all that time? hibernating? missed the paradigm update. come back to 90s and send me the link to upgrade me, possible? sth to read. how did it all happened? east/west 0's&1's media discourse. any good references? --Dusan, 4 Aug 2004 (CEST)
- whellllllllllll started reading: balkan as a metaphor (between globalization and fragmentation) by dusan bjelic and obrad savic, mit press 2002 --XGZ 19:38, 4 Aug 2004 (CEST)
- outdated discussion - have the same feeling
- - too many times built border between west and east by discussing and mapping regions of central or eastern europe, too many discussions where the border lies, they didn't find anything just that those countries were together in socialistic block
- - today: whatever field in ce+e europe, defined culture-geographicaly, can be perfect topic for individual studies / subject in university curiccula, but not for our adventures minds
- - central europe (warschaw countries) and eastern europe in digital media have not so much in common, balkan far and closer at the same time to west then us
- - the terms central eastern europe i use also but just in academic talks and grant applications (academic doesn't need to be negative but just present in scholars', or education, scientific context...)
- --Marisa 08:19, 05 Aug 2004 (CEST)
- about borders and terms for regions etc, of course they tend to be a mix of geography, culture and econo-politics, that change - but do you really think people who are doing creative stuff nowadays are sticking to it, or let their attitude be depending on it? it is more of a thing I wonder about when I am here in the west (bordered by atlantic and north sea - so no escape that way) than east -- and see, I am using the terms as oppositions to indicate extremes, a 1-dimensional reductionism (left-right, east-west) but: you are there and me here and I look around and ... well what is the real difference? --XGZ 10:37, 5 Aug 2004 (CEST)
i set up a wiki page, here an idea, warschaw-4 plus balkan and baltic digital region, collaborative researchinprogress, i dont know a lot about subject. on one hand, separating postcomm europe is like talking about white and black people, on the other, 'local thinking' hype is still available, why not define the context by geo & ideo borders? -- c+e europe & digital media.
few days later Slavo, Gnd, Ana, Man, and Cuco were asked to participate.
what about the further development and propagation? discussion here.
Are you interested in applying to music universities? Los Angeles College of Music (LACM), formerly known as LAMA, offers a Summer Drummer’s Reality Camp! This camp is a part of LACM’s Summer Xperience programs and it can give you a taste of what it’s like to be in a music environment where you can create and grow with your peers.
LACM’s Summer Xperience programs offer one-of-a-kind programs for performers, producers, and songwriters too! The Drummer’s Reality Camp is hosted by LACM and DrumChannel.com and is for all levels of drummers. This is your chance to be brought together with people that share your passion and all-star musicians in a creative and intimate environment. Lectures, workshops, clinics, concerts, and a tour of DrumChannel Production Studios are available to the drummers, how cool is that? Plus, you’ll never be bored once camp is done for the day. There are optional rehearsals, open jams and even special events! To apply and learn more, you can check out Drummer’s Reality Camp here at: http://bit.ly/LACM_Drummers-Reality-Camp. This is amazing opportunity you can’t pass up! There is Music Production and Music Performance in week 1, and Songwriting and Drummers’ Reality Camp in week 2. The deadline is May 1, 2014, so check out www.LACM.edu now!
You can keep up with LACM on their website at: www.lacm.edu. You can also check LACM on their Facebook at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Facebook, Twitter at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Twitter, Instagram at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Instagram , Pinterest at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Pinterest , Reverbnation at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Reverbnation, Youtube at: http://bit.ly/LACM-Youtube and their Google+ at http://bit.ly/LACM-Google-Plus