Adrian Frutiger (May 24, 1928 – September 12, 2015) was a typeface designer who influenced the direction of digital typography in the second half of the 20th century and into the 21st. He is best known for creating the Univers and Frutiger typefaces.
- Der Mensch und seine Zeichen, 3 vols., Dreieich: Weiss, 1978-81. (German)
- Signs and Symbols: Their Design and Meaning, trans. Andrew Bluhm, New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1989, Log. (English)
- L’Homme et ses signes: Signes, symboles, signaux, trans. Danielle Perret, 1999; 2nd ed., 2014, Log. (French)
- Sinais e símbolos: desenho, projeto e significado, trans. Karina Jannini, São Paulo: Martins Fontes, 1999; 2nd ed., 2007, 334 pp, PDF. (Brazilian Portuguese)
- Type Sign Symbol, Zurich: ABC, 1980, Log. (English)/(French)/(German)
- Schriften. Das Gesamtwerk, eds. Heidrun Osterer and Philipp Stamm, Basel: Birkhäuser, 2008, PDF, IA.  (German)