Alexandra Titu (August 8, 1948, Periam - August 12, 2018, Bucharest) is the pseudonym of Ionescu Alexandra, a researcher at the Institute of Art History within the Romanian Academy. With a PHD in visual arts, the National University of Arts, Bucharest (2003), Alexandra Titu is a professor at the Art Faculty of the West University Timisoara and at the Faculty of Philology of the University, Bucharest. She is a member of the Writers’ Association, Romania, the Association of Visual Artists, Romania, the International Association of Art Critics; AXART Foundation, Iasi and of CIHA. Starting with 1970 she publishes studies, essays, articles and art chronicles in magazines such as The Contemporary, Art, Amphitheatre, Free Romania, The Chronicle, Revue Rumaine, Revue Rumaine d’Histoire de l’Art, Romania’s Platform, The Romanian Messenger, The Daily Paper, Counter-Point, Dilemma, Workshop, Stained-glass Window, The Morning, Mystical Reason, radio and television.
- Alberto Giacometti, Meridiane Publishing House, 1980.
- 13 Romanian Contemporary Painters, Meridiane Publishing House, 1983.
- Catalogue: The Romanian Art after 1960 (coordinator), The Soros Centre for Contemporary Art, Bucharest, 1991-1997.
- The Experiment in the Romanian Art after 1960, Meridiane Publishing House, 1997.
- A Century of Romanian Sculpture, Meta Publishing House, 2001.
- Angela Tomaselli, Galerya Ro Publishing House, Ramnicu, 2003.
- Romul Nuţiu (in collaboration with Constantin Prut), Brumar Publishing House, Timisoara, 2004.
- the prize for art criticism from the Association of Visual Artists in Romania, 1993
- the special prize of the Association of Visual Artists in Romania, 1996
- the prize for novel writing from the Writers’ Association, Cluj subsidiary, 1999