|Born||Split, Croatia, Yugoslavia|
|Based in||Split, Croatia|
Ana Peraica is a Visiting Professor at University of Danube in Krems, Austria. Previously she was a Visiting Fellow at Central European University in Budapest. She has also been teching with Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
She is the author of The Age of Total Images (Amsterdam, 2019),Fotografija kao dokaz (Zagreb, 208) Culture of the Selfie (Amsterdam, 2017) and editor of a number of books. Her essays in the domains of visual studies and media theory have been published in journals such as Leonardo, Afterimage, Institute of Physics Conference Series, and in magazines such as Springerin, Art & Education Papers, Documenta Magazine, Pavilion, and Flash Art, while book chapters with Routledge, Blackwell, MIT Press and Sage, among other publishers.
In addition to teaching and writing on photography, Ana Peraica also still runs a photo atelier, opened in 1934 by grandfather and latter led by her father, in Split, Croatia.
- editor, Žena na raskrižju ideologija, Split: Hrvatsko društvo likovnih umjetnika (HULU), 2007, 240 pp, Scribd. (Croatian)
- editor, Victims' Symptom: PTSD and Culture, Amsterdam: Institute of Network Culture (Theory on Demand #3), 2009, 154 pp, PDF.
- Sub/versions: Essays in Contemporary Art and Culture, Berlin: Vice Versa Vertrieb & Revolver, 2009, 309 pp. A collection of essays on contemporary media art from 2000-2008.
- editor, Smuggling Anthologies Reader, Rijeka: Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, 2015, 335 pp, Issuu.
- Culture of the Selfie. Self-Representation in Contemporary Visual Culture, Amsterdam: Institute of Network Culture (Theory on Demand #24), 2017, 115 pp, PDF.
- The Age of Total Images: Disappearance of a Subjective Viewpoint in Post-digital Photography, Amsterdam: Institute of Network Culture (Theory on Demand #34), 2019, 143 pp, EPUB.