Berys Gaut is Professor of Philosophy at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland. He holds a B.A. from Oxford University (Balliol College), and a M.A. and a PhD from Princeton University (with Thesis: Moral and Aesthetic Evaluation Princeton University, 1991). He has published numerous articles on the philosophy of creativity, the philosophy of art, the philosophy of film, and moral philosophy.
- co-edited with Garrett Cullity, Ethics and Practical Reason, Oxford University Press, 1997.
- co-edited with Dominic McIver Lopes, The Routledge Companion to Aesthetics, London: Routledge, 2001, 2002; 2nd edition, 2005.
- co-editor, The Creation of Art Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Art, Emotion and Ethics, Oxford University Press, 2007.
- A Philosophy of Cinematic Art, Cambridge University Press, 2010.