Caroline Bergvall is an artist, writer and performer. Works across artforms, media and languages. The recipient of many awards and commissions, her work frequently develops through exploring material traces, literary documents and linguistic detail, language and literary history, sites and histories, hidden or forgotten knowledges. Her sparse textual, spatial and audio works often expose hidden or difficult historical/political events.
A strong exponent of writing/reading methods adapted to contemporary audiovisual and contextual situations, fugitive and mobile contemporaneity, as well as multilingual identities. Projects alternate between books and printed matter, audio pieces, collaborative performances, site-specific installations. Based in London and Geneva.
- Éclat, London: Sound & Language, 1996; repr., /ubu Editions, 2004, 55 pp, PDF.  
- Goan Atom (I. Doll), San Francisco: Krupskaya, 2001, 78 pp. Excerpt. Review: Marsh (HOW).  
- Fig: Goan Atom, 2, London: Salt, 2005, 148 pp; excerpt in AE, 2011.  
- Cropper, Torque Press, 2008, 8 pp. 
- Plessjør, Oslo: H Press, 2008, 36 pp.  
- Alyson Singes, Brooklyn, NY: Belladonna, 2008, 18 pp, PDF.  
- Meddle English: New and Selected Texts, New York: Nightboat, 2011, 128 pp. Introduction. Reviews: Avnisan (Poetry Project), Reeck (Jacket2), Leong (Brooklyn Rail), Wilson (Make), Swensen (Rain Taxi), Löfström (Information, DK). 
- Drift, New York: Nightboat, 2014.