Carroll W. Pursell
Carroll Wirth Pursell, Jr. (1932) is a professor at Case Western Reserve University and at Macquarie University in Sydney. His area of interest is history of technology. He is a former president of the Society for the History of Technology (SHOT) and the International Committee for the History of Technology (ICOHTEC).
- Early Stationary Steam Engines in America: A Study in the Migration of a technology, Washington, D.C., 1969.
- White Heat: People and Technology (companion volume to a BBC television series), London: BBC Books, 1994; University of California Press, 1994.
- Technology in Postwar America: A History, New York: Columbia University Press, 2007.
- The Machine in America: A Social History of Technology, Revised Edition, Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University press, 2007.
- Edited Books
- Technology in America: A History of Individuals and Ideas, 2nd ed., Cambridge: MIT Press, 1990.
- American Technology. Blackwell Readers in American Social and Cultural History, Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, 2001.
- A Hammer in Their Hands: A Documentary History of Technology and the African-American Experience, Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press, 2005.
- Companion to American Technology, Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, 2005; 2008.