Jump to navigation Jump to search
- JDB Stillman, The Horse in Motion, Boston: J. R. Osgood, 1882, 127 pp.
- Animal Locomotion, 11 vols., Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, 1887, 781 plates, Vol 1: Males (Nude), Vol 2: Males (Nude), Vol 3: Females (Nude), Vol 4: Females (Nude), Vol 5: Males (Pelvis Cloth), Vol 6: Females & Children (Semi-Nude and Transparent Drapery), Vol 7: Males & Females (Draped) & Miscellaneous Subjects, Vol 8: Abnormal Movements: Males & Females (Nude and Semi-Nude), Vol 9: Horses, Vol 10: Domestic Animals, Vol 11: Wild Animals & Birds.
- Animals in Motion, 1899; Dover Publications, 1957. Contains a selection of c100 plates from his Animal Locomotion. 
- The Human Figure in Motion, 1901; 3rd ed., 1907, 277 pp. Contains a selection of c100 plates from his Animal Locomotion.
- The Stanford Years 1872–82, ed. Anita Ventura Mozley, Department of Art, Stanford University, 1972, 136 pp. Exhibition catalogue.
- Virgilio Tosi, Cinema Before Cinema: The Origins of Scientific Cinematography, British Universities Film & Video Council, 2005, 234 pp.
- Sarah Gordon, Indecent Exposures. Eadweard Muybridge's "Animal Locomotion" Nudes, Yale University Press, 2015.