Faces is an international mailing list for women who share an interest in the media and communication arts. It was started in the Spring of 1997 and is operated by Diana McCarty, Valie Djordjevic, Kathy Rae Huffman and Ushi Reiter.
One of the starting points of Faces were the Face Settings dinner events organized by Kathy Rae Huffman and Eva Wohlgemuth at diverse locations throughout Europe. The project created informal settings that invited women to come to the table for a good meal and to discuss their work. Both Kathy and Eva lived in Vienna at the time.
Since 2002 the Faces mailing list and website is hosted by servus.at, a non commercial cultural backbone in Linz, which was facilitated by Ushi Reiter.
- Beauty and the East, Ljubljana, Slovenia, May 1997. An informal faces gathering was held during this Nettime Spring Meeting, hosted by Ljudmila.
- First Cyberfeminist International, Kassel, Germany, 20-28 September 1997. Faces members including Kathy Rae Huffman, Diana McCarty, Eva Wohlgemuth, and Josephine Bosma were actively involved in the Hybrid Workshop at this groundbreaking event.
- "Faces: grrl power meeting", European Media Arts Festival, Osnabrück, Germany, May 1998. Faces members held an open workshop that included web tours, discussions, and information about female online environments. The Austrian artist Margarete Jahrmann presented her performance The fe.mail.data-set: eine server-theorie als SUperFEMper4MANce. 
- "Face 2 Face: The Body, Identity and Community in Cyberspace", Forum Stadtpark, Graz, Austria, 6-11 July 1998. This was a meeting of women from the Faces mailing list. Organized by Eva Ursprung, the event was conceived to give Faces an opportunity to meet and reflect on the theoretical concepts and artistic responses surrounding the event's theme. It included performance events, an exhibition, and a symposium. 
- FACES in Paris, Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux Arts de Paris, France, 8 December 2000. This was a cyberfeminist event organised by Kathy Rae Huffman, who was at that time director of Hull Time Based Arts (UK), and Nathalie Magnan, media artist of the National School of Fine Arts, Dijon, in collaboration with Arghyro Paouri and in partnership with the C.I.D. - Mediathèque of the École nationale supérieure des beaux-arts in Paris (ENSBA). About thirty women from Europe, Russia, the U.S., and Brazil shared their projects, exhibitions, and critical texts. 
- "Faces: 10 years (past and future)", VBKÖ (Austrian Association of Women Artists), Vienna, Austria, March 2007. The 10th anniversary of Faces was held as part of the exhibition cyber feminism past forward.
- FACES Panel: From C to X: Networked Feminisms, Ars Electronica, Linz, 9 September 2017. To mark 20 years of Faces in 2017, Faces organised several events at the Ars Electronica festival, including a panel discussion that explored the theories and practices of cyberfeminism, xenofeminism and feminist critiques of technology with Virginia Barratt (VNS Matrix), Annie Goh, and Alla Mitrofanova, and the Faces Generated Cupcake Celebration. The events were organized by Valie Djordjevic, Diana McCarty and Ushi Reiter with Kathy Rae Huffman. Video.
- Faces: Gender, Art, Technology: 20 Years of Interactions, Connections and Collaborations, exhibition, performances, film screening, symposium, Schaumbad, Graz, 14 October-5 November 2017. Other events marking Faces' 20th anniversary. Curated by Kathy Rae Huffman and Eva Ursprung (in collaboration with Valie Djordjevic, Diana McCarty, Ushi Reiter). Participants: 42, Annie Abrahams/Helen Varley Jamieson, Nora Al Badri/Jan Nikolai Nelles, Perry Bard, Anne Bray, Nancy Buchanan, Filipa César/Grada Kilomba/Diana McCarty, Lena Chen, Katy Deepwell, DIVANOVA daniela jauk/anita peter mörth/ sol haring, Valie Djordjevic, Charlotte Eifler, Marina Grzinic/Aina Smid, Heide Hatry, Lynn Hershman Leeson, Ida Hirsenfelder, Elaine Wing-Ah Ho//Ming Lin, Nina Hoechtl feat. INVASORIX, Reni Hofmüller, Margarete Jahrmann, lizvlx, Manu Luksch, Jenny Marketou, Varsha Nair, Arghyro Paouri, Boryana Rossa, Mechthild Schmidt Feist, Nina Sobell, Evelin Stermitz, Hito Steyerl, Myriam Thyes, Tanja Vujinovic, Anja Westerfrölke, Faith Wilding/SubRosa, Eva Wohlgemuth. Report. Host.
- Anna Gorchakovskaya, "“Where are the women?”. Interview with Kathy Rae Huffman and Valie Djordjevic", Digicult, 2017.
- Marina Gržinić, "FACES: 20 Years of Interactions, Connections and Collaborations", Faces-l.net, 1 Nov 2017. Report from the symposium FACES: 20 Years from 13-15 Oct 2017.