Group of Estonian Artists
Group of Estonian Artists (Eesti Kunstnikkude Rühma), a cubist-constructivists group, was established in 1923 in two nuclei: in Tartu-Võru, whose merit lies in the foundation of the group (Jaan Vahtra - the first chairman of the group   , Eduard Ole, Friedrich Hist, Felix Johannsen-Randel and the sculptor Juhan Raudsepp , who moved in 1925 to Tallinn and served as a connecting link between these two nuclei), and in Tallinn, which made of it an organisation of a more or less certain artistic tendency (Juhan Raudsepp, Märt Laarman, Arnold Akberg, Henrik Olvi). Many artists from Estonia and Latvia had already met earlier in the art schools in Pensa and St. Petersburg. In 1928, the group leaves the UUE Kunsti Raamat (The New Art) from, which is strongly influenced by L'Esprit Nouveau and purism. The last exhibition of the group was held in 1932. In 1940 disbanded by the Germans.
- Mai Levin, "The Group of Estonian Artists", Estonian Art 2/01.
- Merle Tank, "Sissevaade 1917.–1928. aasta eesti kunstikirjutusse. Hanno Kompusest Eesti Kunstnikkude Rühmani", Studies on Art and Architecture / Kunstiteaduslikke Uurimusi 19:1-2 (2010), pp 163-180. (Estonian) English summary: "An Insight into Estonian Art Writing 1917-1928: From Hanno Kompus to the Group of Estonian Artists".
- Geometrical Man. The Group of Estonian Artists and Art Innovation in the 1920s and 1930s, Tallinn, 2012. Catalogue.  (English)/(Estonian)
- Vojtěch Lahoda, "Extended Modernity / Avardunud modernism", pp 84-105.
- Merle Tank, "The Constructivist moment: a case study of avant-garde movements in Estonia and Slovenia. A short summary of the research project", c2012.