Jump to navigation Jump to search
Helmut Erich Robert Kuno Gernsheim (1 March 1913 – 20 July 1995) was a historian of photography, collector, and photographer.
- Beautiful London, New York: Phaidon, 1950.
- with Randolph S. Churchill (eds.), Churchill: His Life in Photographs, London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson 1955.
- with Alison Gernsheim, The History of Photography From the Earliest Use of the Camera Obscura in the Eleventh Century up to 1914, London: Oxford University Press, 1955; revised edition, Thames & Hudson, 1969, PDF, IA, ARG.
- with Alison Gernsheim, The Recording Eye. A Hundred Years of Great Events as Seen by the Camera, 1839–1939, , New York: Putnam, 1960.
- with Alison Gernsheim, Historic Events 1839–1939, London: Longmans, Green & Co., 1960.
- with Alison Gernsheim, A Concise History of Photography, London: Thames & Hudson, 1965.
- Creative Photography: Aesthetic Trends 1839–1960, London: Faber & Faber Limited, 1962, PDF, IA, ARG.
- Fotografia Artistica: Tendinte Estetice 1839–1960, Bucuresti: Editura Meridiane 1970. (Romanian)
- The Origins of Photography, New York: Thames & Hudson, 1982.