James R. Ryan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
James R. Ryan is a teacher interested "in the broad fields of photography, geography and empire - in the past and present" .
- Photography and Exploration, London and Chicago: University of Chicago Press, Reaktion Books, 2014. 
- Memories of a Lost World, London: Goodman Fiell, 2013.
- with Simon Naylor (eds.), New Spaces of Exploration: Geographies of Discovery in the Twentieth Century, London: I.B. Tauris, 2009.
- with Joan M. Schwartz (eds.), Picturing Place: Photography and the Geographical Imagination, London: I.B. Tauris, 2003.
- Picturing Empire: Photography and the Visualisation of the British Empire, London and Chicago: University of Chicago Press, Reaktion Books, 1997.