Marloes de Valk
Marloes de Valk (1976) is an artist and writer. She studied Sound and Image at the Royal Conservatory in the The Hague, specializing in abstract compositional computer games, HCI and crashing computers. As part of the goto10 collective, from 2005 to 2010, she produced the chmod +x art festival, and co-produced Make Art 2007 and 2009. Her work consists of installations and software art. She exhibited work internationally and has led many workshops on Free/Libre/Open Source Software for artistic creation. She is editor of the Digital Artists' Handbook (2009) and the publication FLOSS + Art (Mute Publishing, 2009).
- with Aymeric Mansoux, FLOSS+Art, Poitiers: Goto10, and London: Mute, 2008, 320 pp.
- with Goto10, Digital Artists' Handbook, 2009, 228 pp.
- "Tools to Fight Boredom", Contemporary Music Review 28(1): "Generative Music", eds. Nick Collins and Andrew R. Brown, 2009.
- "Save Your Self", Herbst. Theorie zur Praxis, Graz, 2015.
- "What remains? The way we save ourselves", in Behind the Smart World: Saving, Deleting and Resurfacing Data, eds. Linda Kronman and Andreas Zingerle, Graz: servus.at, 2015, PDF.
- "How to Escape Reality in 10 Simple Steps", Schloss Post, Mar-May 2017.
- "The Eradication of History or the Selling of Opportunities to Modify Behavior", Immaterial Labor Union 10: "Immateriality", eds. Lídia Pereira and Δεριζαματζορ Προμπλεμ ιναυστραλια, May 2017.
- "A Contemporary Delphic Oracle: The Church of Big Data", Furtherfield, 4 Oct 2016.
- Annet Dekker, "Rock, Paper, Scissors and Floppy Disks", in Archive2020 – Sustainable Archiving of Born-Digital Cultural Content, ed. Annet Dekker, Amsterdam: Virtueel Platform, 2010, pp 20-29.
- Pau Waelder, "Software is the Artwork. Interview with Aymeric Mansoux, Marloes de Valk and Dave Griffiths", Vida, 23 Jan 2014.
- Annet Dekker, "The SKOR Codex Launched Into the Future. Interview with La Société Anonyme", Open!, 17 Apr 2014.
- C.H., "Welcome to the Denial Machine", Schloss Post, 10 May 2017.