Marshall Howard Berman (November 24, 1940 – September 11, 2013) was an American philosopher and Marxist Humanist writer. He was a Distinguished Professor of Political Science at The City College of New York and at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, teaching Political Philosophy and Urbanism.
- The Politics of Authenticity: Radical Individualism and the Emergence of Modern Society, 1970; Verso Press, 2009.
- All That Is Solid Melts Into Air. The Experience of Modernity, New York: Simon and Schuster, 1982; Penguin Books, 1988.
- Todo lo solido se desvanece en el aire: La experiencia de la modernidad, trans. Andrea Morales Vidal, Madrid: Siglo XXI, 1988; 3rd ed., Buenos Aires: Catalogos S.R.L., 1989. (Spanish)
- Adventures in Marxism, London & New York: Verso, 1999.
- On the Town: One Hundred Years of Spectacle in Times Square, 2006.