Born 1947 in Prague. Composer. Studied musicology at the Faculty of Philosophy of Charles University in Prague (1965-1970, doctorate in 1972) and composition at the Janacek Academy of Arts in Brno in classes of Jan Kapr and Ctirad Kohoutek (1968-1973). Afterwards he completed a post-graduate course in the theory of music at the Academy of Arts in Prague under Karel Janecek and Karel Risinger (1970-1972) and an extramural research project at the department of musical science at the Institute af Art History and Theory of Czechoslovakia's Academy of Sciences (1974-1979), his tutor being Karel Risinger. He worked as a recording producer in the Supraphon Records (1973-81), later as a free-lance composer, recording producer, music editor and musicologist. From 1990 he teaches musicology at the Charles University and from 1994 composition at the Prague Academy of Perfoming Arts.
Member of SEAH.
- Electroacoustic music
- Praise of the Harpsichord, concrete music (1977), CR Plzen, 9'
- Variations on a Laser Ray, music for tape (1982), SR Bratislava 10'
- Brightening V or Prague Autumn (1990) , electroacoustic impression, Audiostudio, CR Prague, 14'10
- Adventus, electroacoustic contemplation (1992) Audiostudio, CR Prague, CD Solitaire 11'05
- L'Avent, meditation electroacoustique, (1992) 11'20, GMEB Bourges
- Contrapunctus I per oboe/corno inglese e nastro magnetico, (1992), Audiostudio, CR Prague, 10'30