Born 1965 in Heidelberg. Author, artist and computer professional lives and works in Berlin. Studied computer science (1988). In 1991 co-founded Botschaft e.V., an interdisciplinary cultural initiative in east Berlin, existed until 1995. Created web projects, wrote net criticism. Was in The Thing network. Co-founded Radio Internationale Stadt. Contributed in 1997 to the "Hybrid Workspace" at the Documenta X in Kassel and founded in 1999 Klubradio, which streamed live through the Internet from the artistically important Clubs in Berlin. Participated in ZKP meetings in 1995-96. In 1995 co-founded the mailing list nettime, in March 1998 Mikro, and in 2000 Bootlab. Currently is project manager for reboot.fm.
- "Intellectual Property is a Tool to Gain Central Control. Pit Schultz in Conversation with Sabine Breitsameter". June 2003. 
- "What's Nettime. An introducton by Pit Schultz", Apr 1998. 
- "The Digital Artisans Manifesto by Richard Barbrook and Pit Schultz. European Digital Artisans Network 1st May 1997".  
- Pauline van Mourik Broekman, "On Nettime. Inteview with Pit Schultz", Mute, Jan 1997. 
- Pit's talk at Nettime press conference, Vienna, May 1997