René Guénon (November 15, 1886 – January 7, 1951), also known as Shaykh 'Abd al-Wahid Yahya, was a French author and intellectual who remains an influential figure in the domain of metaphysics, having written on topics ranging from metaphysics, "sacred science" and traditional studies to symbolism and initiation.
(in French unes noted)
- Introduction générale à l'étude des doctrines hindoues, Paris: Marcel Rivière, 1921.
- La Crise du monde moderne, Paris: Bossard, 1927.
- Authorité Spirituelle et Pouvoir Temporel, 1929.
- Spiritual Authority and Temporal Power, 1929. (English)
- Autoritate spirituală şi putere temporală , trans. Daniel Hoblea, Bucharest: Herald, 2010, PDF. (Romanian)
- Le symbolisme de la croix, Véga, 1931.
- Symbolism of the Cross (English)
- Le Règne de la Quantité et les Signes des Temps, Paris: Gallimard, 1945.
- Domnia cantităţii şi semnele vremurilor, trans. Florin Mihăescu and Dan Stoica, Bucharest: Humanitas, 1995. (Romanian)
- The Reign of Quantity and The Signs of The Times, trans. Lord Northbourne, London: Luzac & Co., 1953; 2nd edition, Baltimore: Penguin Books, 1972; 3rd edition, Ghent: Sophia Perennis, 1995; 4th edition, Hillsdale, NY: Sophia Perennis, 2001. (English)