Jump to navigation Jump to search
Richard Erskine Frere Leakey (born December 19, 1944) is a paleontologist, archaeologist and an activist, known for his discovery of "Turkana Boy" and his fight to preserve wildlife of the African continent.
- with Roger Lewin, Origins, Dutton, 1977
- One Life: An Autobiography, Salem House, 1983
- with Roger Lewin, Origins Reconsidered, Doubleday, 1992
- The Origin of Humankind, BasicBooks & HarperCollins, 1994.
- Originea omului, trans. Ion Oprescu and Ana Maria Glavce, Bucharest: Humanitas, 1995. (Romanian)
- Die ersten Spuren. Über den Ursprung des Menschen, trans. Udo Rennert, Munich: Wilhelm Goldmann, 1999. (German)
- with Frederick E. Grine and John G. Fleagle (eds.), The First Humans - Origin and Early Evolution of the Genus Homo, Springer, 2009.