Jump to navigation Jump to search
March 28, 1930|
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
March 3, 2014 (aged 83)|
New York City, New York, US
|Web||UbuWeb Film, UbuWeb Sound, Wikipedia|
Robert Ashley (1930–2014) was an American composer, who was best known for his operas and other theatrical works, many of which incorporate electronics and extended techniques.
Film and video
- Music with Roots in the Aether, opera-for-television, 1975-1976.
- Perfect Lives, a television opera, 1978-1983. 
- Peter Greenaway, Four American Composers: Robert Ashley, 1983.
- Music with Roots in the Aether, 1979. Program brochure.
- Music with Roots in the Aether: Interviews with and Essays About Seven American Composers, Cologne: MusikTexte, 2000, 244 pp.
- Musik mit Wurzeln im Äther, Cologne: MusikTexte, 2001, 260 pp.  (German)
- Outside of Time / Außerhalb der Zeit, Cologne: MusikTexte, 2009, 655 pp. (in English/German) 
- Kyle Gann, Robert Ashley, University of Illinois Press, 2012, 184 pp.
- Geeta Dayal, "Robert Ashley: 1930–2014", Frieze blog, 2014.