Jump to navigation Jump to search
Born and educated in Melbourne (1964), left Australia to do doctorates at Lille and Cambridge, as well as post-doctoral work in Cologne. Since then he has held the position of Professor of English Literature at the Free University of Berlin.
- Spatial Representations and the Jacobean Stage: From Shakespeare to Webster, Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2002.
- Transcultural Graffiti: Diasporic Writing and the Teaching of Literary Studies, Amsterdam and New York: Rodopi, 2005.
- Bodies and Their Spaces: System, Crisis and Transformation in the Early Modern Theatre, C.C. Barfoot, Theo D’haen and Erik Kooper (eds.), Amsterdam and New York: Rodopi, 2006.
- Space in Theory: Kristeva, Foucault, Deleuze, Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2009.
- Spaces of Fiction/Fiction of Spaces: Postcolonial Place and Literary DeiXis, Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Imaginary Antipodes: Essays on Contemporary Australian Literature and Culture, Heidelberg: Universitätsverlag Winter, 2011.
- Temporalities, London and New york: Routledge, 2013, 211pp. Review