Sean Dockray is an artist, a founding director of the Los Angeles non-profit Telic Arts Exchange, and initiator of knowledge-sharing platforms, The Public School and Aaaaarg. As a research fellow at the Post-Media Lab at Leuphana University, he explored the physical infrastructure of the sharing economy, focusing on Facebook's new northern European datacenter. His written essays address topics such as online education (Frieze), the militarisation of universities (in Contestations: Learning from Critical Experiments in Education), book scanning (Fillip), traffic control (Cabinet), and radio (Volume). He lives in Melbourne.
- "The Scan and the Export", Fillip 12: "Critical Forms of Publicness", 2010, pp 98-111.
- with Matteo Pasquinelli, Jason Smith and Caleb Waldorf (The Public School Los Angeles), "There is Nothing Less Passive Than the Act of Fleeing", ...ment 1, 2010.
- "Interface, Access, Loss", in Undoing Property?, eds. Marysia Lewandowska and Laurel Ptak, 2013, pp 183-194.
- "Openings and Closings", in Contestations: Learning From Critical Experiments in Education, eds. Tim Ivison and Tom Vandeputte, Bedford Press, 2013. Commentary by Jacqueline Bell.
- with Lawrence Liang, "Sharing Instinct: An Annotation of the Social Contract Through Shadow Libraries", e-flux journal 56th Venice Biennale, 14 Aug 2015. (English)
- "Fake News, Artificial Intelligence and Data Visualisation", Artlink 37:1, Adelaide: Artlink Australia, Mar 2017.
- with Benjamin Forster, "README.md", in Distributed, eds. David Blamey and Brad Haylock, London: Open Editions, 2018, pp 198-213.
- "Learning from YouTube", in Rivers of Emotion, Bodies of Ore, Oslo: Not Yet Titled Press, and Trondheim: Kunsthall Trondheim, 2018.
- "Artificial Imagination: Deepfakes from Latent Space", Artlink, 1 Dec 2018.
- Performing Algorithms: Automation and Accident, Melbourne: University of Melbourne, 2019, 146 pp. PhD dissertation.
- David Elliott, "Interview with Sean Dockray / The Public School", May 2009?.
- Julian Myers, "Four Dialogues 2: On AAAARG", Open Space blog, San Francisco: SFMOMA, 26 Aug 2009.
- Morgan Currie, "Small is Beautiful: a discussion with AAAARG architect Sean Dockray", Masters of Media blog, University of Amsterdam, 5 Jan 2010.
- Vivian Ziherl, "The Future And The Public School. Interview", un. Magazine 4:2 (2010), pp 22-26, PDF.
- Randall Szott, "Sean Dockray Interview", 127 Prince, 4 Oct 2010.
- Matthew Fuller, "In the Paradise of Too Many Books: An Interview with Sean Dockray", Mute, London, 4 May 2011.
- Mobility Shifts, video interview, 2011.
- [Federico Campagna], "Interview with AAAAARG.org", in We Have Our Own Concept of Time and Motion, eds. Auto Italia, 2011, pp 17-18, ARG. 
- "Partials That Can Circulate. Sean Dockray, Founder of Aaarg.org Interviewed by Charles Stankievitch", in Ex Libris: Commonplace Books, Berlin: K. Verlag, 2013, pp 1-2, ARG. Conducted via email in Jul/Aug 2013. 
- Jodi Dean, Sean Dockray, Alessandro Ludovico, Pauline van Mourik, Broekman, Nicholas Thoburn and Dmitry Vilensky, "Materialities of Independent Publishing: A Conversation with AAAAARG, Chto Delat?, I Cite, Mute, and Neural", New Formations 78 (Aug 2013), pp 157-178.
- Cornelia Sollfrank, "Expanded Appropriation", video interview with Sean Dockray including transcription and introduction, part of Giving What You Don't Have 2013.