Sean Dockray is an artist, a founding director of the Los Angeles non-profit Telic Arts Exchange, and initiator of knowledge-sharing platforms, The Public School and Aaaaarg. As a research fellow the Post-Media Lab at Leuphana University last year, he explored the physical infrastructure of the sharing economy, focusing on Facebook's new northern European datacenter. His written essays address topics such as online education (Frieze), the militarisation of universities (in Contestations: Learning from Critical Experiments in Education), book scanning (Fillip), traffic control (Cabinet), and radio (Volume). He lives in Melbourne.
Writings and interviews
- Mobility Shifts 2011, video.
- Expanded Appropriation, video, 2013.
- "Fake News, Artificial Intelligence and Data Visualisation", Artlink 37:1, Adelaide: Artlink Australia, Mar 2017.
- Publications on Academia.edu
- See also publications in Aaaaarg and The Public School