Signe Lidén´s work spans from sound installations, sculpture, video and performance to more documentary forms such as sound essays and archives. She is interested in how places and their histories resonate; in memory, through narratives and various materials, as ideological manifestations and political territories.
Lidén has an MA from the Academy of Arts in Bergen and graduated from the Nordic Sound Art MA program in 2012. Lidén’s project Vertical Studies: Acoustic Shadows and Boundary Reflections (2017) is a collaboration with Espen Sommer Eide and was realised at the Sonic Acts Festival (Amsterdam) and Borealis Festival (Bergen). She made the performance Altitude and History (2016) and krysning/пересечение/conflux (2014) for the Dark Ecology project in Nikel (on the Russian Kola peninsula), the installation series Writings for Resonance, a residency programme of the European Sound Art Network (2013-14), and collaborated with Steve Rowell and Annesofie Norn on The Cold Coast Archive (2010-12), a project about the Global Seed Vault launched at the Centre for PostNatural History. She was commissioned to make works for Lofoten International Art Festival (LIAF), St John's College Oxford, Volt, Hordaland Art Center, Kunsthall Oslo and Ny Musikk, Touch Radio, and Inteferenze New Arts Festival. (2019)
- Articles and interviews
- Regine, "The Cold Coast Archive: Future Artifacts from the Svalbard Global Seed Vault", we-make-money-not-art.com, May 2012.
- Regine, "Interview with sound artist Signe Lidén", we-make-money-not-art.com, Sep 2012.
- Harold Schellinx, Holes, Caves, Archives and Inscriptions", Resonance - European Sound Art Network, May 2013. An interview with Signe Lidén about her work Writings (2013).
- Salomé Voegelin, "Collateral Damage", The Wire, May 2014.
- Salomé Voegelin, Sonic Possible Worlds, Bloomsbury, 2014, pp 36-45.
- Bonnie Fortune, "Cold Coast Archive: AnneSofie Norn & Signe Lidén" [Interview], in , An Edge Effect: Art & Ecology in the Nordic Landscapes, ed. Bonnie Fortune, Chicago: Half Letter Press, 2014, pp 142-167.  
- Daniela Cascella, "S.", in Cascella, F.M.R.L.: Footnotes, Mirages, Refrains and Leftovers of Writing Sound, London: Zero Books, 2015.
- Daniela Cascella, "Field of Heaven and Meteorites", in The Imaginary Reader, ed. Marie Nerland, Bergen: Volt, 2016. 
- Signe Lidén, "krysning/пересечение/conflux", in Living Earth: Field Notes From The Dark Ecology Project 2014-2016, ed. Mirna Belina, Amsterdam: Sonic Acts Press, 2016, in 85-90. 
- Oliver Lowenstein, "Signe Lidén: The Sounds of Place", Sculpture, Washington, DC: International Sculpture Center, Jun 2020.