|Based in||The Hague, Netherlands|
Slávo Krekovič (1977, Bratislava) is a musician, sound artist, musicologist, contemporary music and new media art curator and cultural organizer/nonprofit activist. He studied in Bratislava, Prague, Vienna and New York. Holds MA and PhD degrees in musicology. Since 2013, he has been the Head of the Multimedia Studio at the Faculty of Fine Arts (FaVU) of Brno University of Technology.
Started to publish 3/4 magazine in 1999, co-founded Atrakt Art – Society for Advanced Arts and Culture in 2000. Organizer and curator of series of experimental music and multimedia events, including the annual NEXT festival of advanced music (since 2000) and Multiplace new media culture network festival (since 2002). In 2004 co-founded independent cultural centre A4 in Bratislava, where he holds the position of Deputy Director and music programme curator. Producer of recordings of contemporary music on the Atrakt Art label. Produced weekly broadcasts Ex Tempore about experimental and electronic music for the Slovak Radio and the radioart.sk project.
Performing music solo or as a member of various experimental projects (Voice Over Noise, Shibuya Motors, Musica falsa et ficta, Kapela snů, Feed The Tiger, Bolka/Krekovic, Etnoise Orchestra, Uran Uran, Frutti di Mare). Published articles and papers about contemporary music, sound art and media art in various magazines and yearbooks internationally (Musiktexte, Skug, Springerin, HIS Voice, A2..).
He is based in The Hague.
- Selected articles
- "Net radio.. net.audio", Trištvrte revue 5-6 (2000). (Slovak)
- "Nostalgia za budúcnosťou. Kybersvet, umenie a mysticizmus", 3/4 revue 2 (2001), pp. 46-51. (Slovak)
- Peter Niklas Wilson, Hear And Now. Úvahy o improvizovanej hudbe. Translated by Slavomír Krekovič. Bratislava: Hudobné centrum, 2002. ISBN 80-88884-35-7
- "Warchalking & Wardriving", 3/4 revue 15 (2003). (Slovak)
- "Psychogeografia", 3/4 revue 14 (2003). (Slovak)
- "New Media Culture. Internet as a Tool of Cultural Transformation in Central and Eastern Europe", in Crossing Boundaries: From Syria to Slovakia, eds. S. Jakelic and J. Varsoke, Vienna: IWM Junior Visiting Fellows' Conferences, Vol. 14 (2003). (English)
- with Oliver Rehák, "Audioturistika", 3/4 17 (2004), pp 64-69. (Slovak)
- "DIY-publishing dot sk", in: The Mag.net Reader: Experiences in Electronic Cultural Publishing, eds. Miren Eraso, Alexandro Ludovico, and Slávo Krekovič, Arteleku-Diputación Foral de Gipuzkoa, 2006, pp 24-35. (English)
- with Pavel Sedlák, "Má pojem nová média dnes ještě co říci?", Literární noviny 31 (2007). (Slovak),(Czech)
- "Organized Sound and Experiments in Slovak Music", in Sound Exchange: Anthology of Experimental Music Cultures in Central and Eastern Europe 1950-2010, eds. Carsten Seiffarth, Carsten Stabenow, and Golo Föllmer, Saarbrücken: PFAU, 2012. (English)/(German)/(Slovak)
- Articles in 3/4 magazine
- More writings at Krekovic.info