James Stanley Brakhage (14 January 1933 – 9 March 2003), better known as Stan Brakhage, was an American non-narrative filmmaker. He is considered to be one of the most important figures in 20th-century experimental film.
- Metaphors on Vision, ed. & intro. P. Adams Sitney, Film Culture, 1963.
- Film Biographies, Berkeley: Turtle Island, 1977, 295 pp.
- Scenes from Underchildhood, lecture, 1968. Audio recording, 83 min.
- Stan Brakhage: Interviews, ed. Suranjan Ganguly, University of Mississippi Press, 2017, 208 pp.  
- David E. James (ed.), Stan Brakhage: Filmmaker, 2005. Ch 1.
- Craig Dworkin, "Stan Brakhage, Agrimoniac", c2005,  pp.
- Stan Brakhage – Catalogue Raisonne, comp. Emilie Vergé, Paris: Paris Expérimental, 2016. The definitive catalogue of Brakhage’s work clocking in at over 300 films. (French)/(English)