Teresa Żarnowerówna (1897, Warsaw – 1949, New York) was a Polish avant-garde painter, graphic artist, sculptor, set designer and co-author of architectural designs.
In the years 1915-1920 she studied at the Warsaw School of Fine Arts in Edward Wittig’s studio. She collaborated with Mieczyslaw Szczuka; they both shown their works at the New Art Exhibition in Vilnius (1923), at Der Sturm gallery in Berlin in 1923, at the International Exhibition of Modern Art in Bucharest (1924), and at Warsaw's Polonia Artistic Club in 1924-25. In Berlin they exhibited twenty-two objects, including sculpture, drawings, and paintings. She also participated in the First International Exhibition of Architecture in Warsaw. She was a member and co-founder of the Warsaw art group Blok, associated with the magazine of the same name of which she was a co-editor. She also edited Dźwignia magazine following Szczuka's death. Both magazines serve as the primary source of information about her work since most of her original works were lost. She left Poland in 1937, and spent the last years of her life in the U.S.
Film Composition [Kompozycja filmowa], 1924. Published in Blok 8-9.
Untitled (Typographic Composition) [Bez tytułu (Kompozycja typograficzna)], 1924. Published in Blok 8-9.
- Teresa Żarnowerówna (1897–1949). Artystka końca utopii, eds. Milada Ślizińska and Andrzej Turowski, Łódź: Museum Sztuki, 2014, 524 pp.  (Polish)/(English)
- Monika Król, "Collaboration and Compromise: Women Artists in Polish-German Avant-Garde Circles, 1910-1930", in Central European Avant-Gardes: Exchange and Transformation, 1910-1930, ed. Timothy O. Benson, MIT Press/Los Angeles: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 2002, pp 338-356. (English)
- Ewa Gorządek, "Teresa Żarnower (Żarnowerówna)", Culture.pl, 2008. (English)/(Polish)
- Milada Ślizinska, "Teresa Żarnower. Artystka w świecie, który rozpadł się na jej oczach", n.d. (Polish)
- Gustaw Romanowski, "Teresa Żarnower w Łodzi. Artystka awangardy, czyli końca utopii", in Kronika Miasta Łodzi 3 (2014), pp 57-65. (Polish)
- Adrian Anagnost, "Teresa Żarnower: Bodies and Buildings", Woman's Art Journal 37:2, Fall/Winter 2016, pp 38-49.  (English)
- Maria Anna Rogucka, "Teresa Żarnower’s Mnemonic Desire for Defense of Warsaw: De-Montaging Photography", Arts 9:3, 2020. (English)